Copy an Article/Book Chapter
Photocopies or scans of journal/magazine articles or book chapters. These items are yours to keep. Standard services are provided free of charge. Please refer to the ILL Fees Chart for more information regarding Interlibrary Loan fees.
Requests for items the ISU Libraries own or provide access to will be rejected.
You can monitor the status of your request by checking “Your Record” in the Library Catalog. Please wait 24-48 hours (not including weekends or holidays) for your request to appear in “Your Record”. Most items arrive within a week, but some can take two weeks or longer.
Articles are delivered electronically, either posted to a secure Web server as a PDF file or as an email attachment. For Web delivery, an email is sent to your @isu.edu email account with a case-sensitive PIN to access the article. Access to each document is available for 14 days or 5 views, whichever comes first. After that, the document is automatically deleted from the Library’s server and you will no longer be able to access the document. If you do not view, save, or print the document during the 14-day window, you will need to request the article again for a $2.00 charge. Please review the Electronic Delivery FAQ IMMEDIATELY if you experience problems accessing the document.
Document Delivery: Follow the instructions below for obtaining materials from the ISU Library Collections.
This option is available only to Distance Faculty, Students, and Staff. Go to Distance Library Services for more information.
Instructions: (Only ONE item per form)
For help with forms, please contact the Reference Desk (208) 282-3152 or the Idaho Health Sciences Reference Desk
- Login in to the Request form using your ISU ID Number and your last name. (You can also access the Request form by clicking on the “Request” button in the Library Catalog or from the “Library Quick Links” pull down menu on the Library Homepage.)
- In the pull-down menu at the bottom of the screen select Copy of an Article (for journal/magazine articles) or Copy of a Book Chapter (for book chapters).
- Verify personal information for accuracy. Please contact the Main Circulation desk to correct errors.
- Fill in fields as completely as possible (Fields marked in bold and with an asterisk [*] are required*.)
- Select Deliver To: from the pull down menu. Document Delivery (available to Distance Faculty, Students & Staff ONLY): In order to receive items available in the ISU Library Collections, the Deliver to: option must be an “off campus” selection [Idaho Falls, Meridian, or Web (Articles -Distance)].
- Enter your ISU ID Number again.
- Click Submit Request button.
To request additional items, click on Submit another ILL request button & repeat steps 2-7.
Last Modified 11/05/2014 kk