Last Modified 04/02/2013 kk
Oboler Library Classroom and Conference Room Use Policy
- Library instruction sessions have priority over all other uses of the classrooms.
- Oboler Library classrooms and conference rooms are not available for use by campus or off-campus communities, except in special circumstances.
- Library classrooms are not scheduled by the registrar.
- A library staff member must be present for use of classrooms 212 and 266, except in special circumstances.
- Room 212 is an instructional classroom designed for hands-on instruction. There are 26 student stations including two wheelchair accessible stations. The instructor's workstation includes a wired keyboard, mouse, and a viewer/projector (ELMO), as well as access to software that allows the instructor to broadcast demonstrations on all student monitors. Printing is available. Printing costs $.10 per sheet; print jobs can be picked up at the first floor printers.
- Room 266 is an instructional classroom designed for presentation and lecture style instruction. It is set up for teleconference reception and for viewing VHS videos. The teaching computer workstation includes a document viewer/projector (ELMO). There are 34 chairs at two-person tables.
- Room 268 is a general conference room and can seat 14 around a conference table and has 22 other available seats along the walls. The room includes a whiteboard, and a TV/VCR/DVD set up.
- Room 112 is a small conference room and can seat 10 around a conference table and has 6 additional chairs along one wall. The room includes a whiteboard.
- All persons using the classroom computers must agree to the library's "Computer and Internet Use Policy".
- Equipment Operations
- Installation, modification or deletion of software is not allowed, except by Oboler Library Systems personnel.
- In cases where specialized software is required, call Systems (Karl Bridges) at (208) 282-4131 to request installation at least two weeks prior to scheduled use of room.
- Please report any room issues or equipment malfunctions to Jenny Lynne Semenza at (208) 282-2581.
- No food is allowed in classroom 212.
- No uncovered beverages are allowed in classrooms.
Policies: Conference Rooms
- Food and beverages are allowed
- Please report equipment malfunction, or other room problems to Karl Bridges at (208) 282-4131.
Study Rooms are available and are covered by a different policy
- To request a library instruction session for a class, fill out an instruction request form at: http://www.isu.edu/library/research/insreqform.shtml or call (208) 282-5609. We would be delighted to teach a workshop for you!
- To request a Health Sciences related instruction session, fill out the IHSL request form at: http://www.isu.edu/library/research/insreqform.shtml or call the Idaho Health Sciences Library at (208) 282-4686.
- Oboler Library faculty and staff are the only persons authorized to schedule the classrooms.
- Requests for room 212 must be done by contacting Spencer Jardine via email@example.com or (208) 282-5609.
- Requests for room 266 are of two types:
- For distance learning sessions or library meetings, contact Sue Roth at (208) 282-2997.
- For library instruction, education hour or other instructional purposes, contact Spencer Jardine at firstname.lastname@example.org or (208) 282-5609.
- Requests for the conference rooms 268 and 112 must be done by contacting Sue Roth at (208) 282-2997.
- Requests for approval for non-library related use of classrooms 212 and 266 can be made to the Head of Reference and Instructional Services (Jenny Semenza at (208) 282-2581) and will be subject to administrative approval.
- If the Head of Reference and Instructional Services (Jenny Semenza) is unavailable then the University Librarian and Dean ((208)282-2997) can be contacted for approval of non-library classroom and conference room use.
- Approval for use without library staff presence can also be made at this time.
- Because classrooms have library priority, reservations for outside uses will not be approved more than two weeks in advance.
- Sue has lists of pre-approved exceptions.
- Requests for approval of non-library related use of conference rooms 268 and 112 can be made to Sue Roth at (208) 282-2997 and will be subject to administrative approval.
Post Class Procedure
- Turn off projector and ELMO
- Erase white boards and chalkboards
- Push in chairs at instructor station and patron desks
- End internet sessions at instructor station and patron desks
- Pick up leftover handouts or other instructional materials
- Throw away garbage
- Turn off lights
- Lock door(s)