Banned Book Title Poetry
Write a Poem - Enter the Contest - Win a $25 Amazon.com Gift Card!
The library is sponsoring this event as part of its celebration of Banned Books Week (Sept. 22 - 28, 2013)
Entries will be accepted from September 16 through September 30, 2013.
- The poem can be haiku, limerick, sonnet, unrhymed, rhymed, ballad, lyric, or free verse. Anything goes!
- It should include three or more banned book titles.
- Title words can be in any order and mixed with other titles.
- You do not have to use every word from the title.
- You may use other words as needed to make the poem sound right.
Banned Book Titles
- Check out the Banned Book Resource Guide at the reserves desk of the library.
- Banned Books Week top ten challenged books list of 2012
- Banned and Challenged Classics
- Frequently Challenged Books by ALA:
- List of books banned by governments
- Other banned book sites/lists may be used; please include URL or citation in your submission.
- The Awakening
- As I lay dying,
- Where angels fear to tread: one
- Day of life -— twilight!
- By Joan Juskie
- Titles Used:
- The Awakening
- As I Lay Dying
- Where Angels Fear to Tread
- One Day of Life
- Title of poem
- The poem
- Your name
- List of titles used
- Preferred contact method: Phone or Email
- Source of banned book titles
- Drop your poem off at the circulation desk in the library or submit by email at email@example.com
- Deadline for entry into the contest is midnight September 30, 2013
- Winners will be announced on October 4th
Winner of the $25 Amazon.com Gift Card will be determined by a panel of judges.
Winning poetry and the committee's favorites will be displayed in the library, on Library News http://libpublic2.eol.isu.edu/blogs/ln/wordpress/ and the Banned Book Title Poetry webpage http://www.isu.edu/library/services/bbwpoetry.shtml
Disclaimer: Entry of poem into contest gives permission to the Library to use the poem in future displays and library publications.