Licensing Restrictions for Electronic Resources Use
ISU Library subscribes to thousands of electronic resources (databases, journals, and books) for use by authorized users only (current faculty, students and staff and, in most cases, walk in users). Individual users are responsible for not engaging in the prohibited activities.
Authorized Users May Not:
- Download, reproduce, retain or redistribute the Licensed Products or any journal or issue of a journal in the Licensed Products in its entirety or in any substantial or systematic manner, including, but not limited to, accessing the Licensed Products using a robot, spider, crawler or similar technological device
- Electronically distribute, via e-mail or otherwise, any Article or eBook
- Abridge, modify, translate or create any derivative work based upon the Licensed Products without the prior written consent of publisher
- Display or otherwise make available any part of the Licensed Products to anyone other than Authorized Users
- Sell, resell, rent, lease, license, sublicense, assign or otherwise transfer any rights for use of the Licensed Products for commercial gain
- Remove, obscure or modify in any way copyright notices, other notices or disclaimers that appear on the Licensed Products
Engagement in any of the activities included in the list above may result in an immediate termination of a patron's privileges.
Breaches of the University's contractual arrangements with publishers could result in the suspension of access to the resources for the entire ISU community.