You can create an email alias if you want to have email forwarded from an ISU email account to another email account. For example, the Library and other campus communications are sent to you using your university-assigned email account; this is not the same as a departmental email account. The email information used by the Library comes from the university's registration and payroll systems; the library's database is automatically updated on a regular basis, so maintaining preferred email addresses is not an option. You already have an email account you use, and you do not want to have to check your ISU email account. You want to receive all your email through your personal (departmental or non-ISU) email account. You need to set up your ISU email account so it forwards to your personal email account any email messages addressed to that ISU account.
To set up this email forwarding, follow these steps:
- Log in to http://google.isu.edu/ (log in using the username and password for your ISU email account).
- Click on "Settings."
- Click on "Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab".
- Enter the email address that you would like your messages forwarded to.
- Select the action you'd like your messages to take from the drop-down menu. You can choose to keep Gmail's copy of the message in your inbox, or you can send it automatically to ALL Mail or Trash.
- Click Save Changes.
If you are a student, you can check your ISU ID Number:
- Go to "BengalWeb"
- Log in, using your ISU email username and password.
- Click on either the Academic Tools, the employees or the finances tab; this will allow you to see what your ISU ID Number is.
- If the username and password do not work or you don't know your ISU email username and password for accessing your ISU email account or BengalWeb, you will need to contact the ISU Help Desk. You can visit their web page at http://help.isu.edu/ or phone (208) 282-4357 to talk to help desk staff about your ISU email username and "resetting your password".