Get an Oboler Library Book
- Open the Library Catalog and search to locate a needed item (book, thesis, dissertation, musical score, government document, or video/CD/DVD). Click on the desired title. You are now at the Full Record of the title.
- Click on the Request Button in the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Enter your ISU ID Number number and your last name, then click the Login Button.
- Choose Send/Get me this ISU-Oboler Library Book from the drop-down list and then click on OK.
- You MUST select a Deliver To: option from the drop-down list. Your choice will determine where the item is sent for pickup. There is a $4.00 charge for the Mail (ISU Items only) delivery service via USPS.
- Enter your ISU ID Number in the box.
- Important: If you selected the mail delivery service you MUST type a mailing address in the Comment box. If you forget this step, your request will not be filled.
- Click the Submit Request button when finished.
- The message Your Patron Initiated Request was successful tells you that your request is now being processed. If you do not get this message, start over and try again. Report any problems to the Circulation Desk at (208) 282-3248 or (800) 314-4781.
- When you are finished requesting items, click on the Logout button in the toolbar at the top of screen.
- The item will be located and sent to the requested Deliver To: location.
- As soon as the item is located and processed, a message will be sent to your ISU email account telling you it is available for pickup or when to expect mail delivery. You can also check the status of your request by logging in using the "Your Record" Button in the Library Catalog. Your request with its pickup location will appear under the heading "Items Available" (near the bottom, above "Fines and Fees").
- Picking Up the Item. The item will be sent to the Deliver To: location you selected. Check with the Circulation Desk at the ISU-Oboler Library (208) 282-3225, Idaho State University-Meridian office (208) 685-6778 or the University Library Center at Idaho State University-Idaho Falls (208) 282-7906 to see if your request is available for pick up. Mail delivery is via USPS priority mail to the address you typed into the Comments box. It typically takes 4-5 days.
- Returning the Item. Return items to the same location you picked up from or mail to the Eli M. Oboler Library, Idaho State University, 921 S 8th Ave Stop 8089, Pocatello ID 83209-8089. Please allow adequate time for return mailing or renew items as needed to avoid overdue fines. If the item was mailed to you, a pre-paid return mailing label was included with the item. This label allows you to return the item using any U.S. Postal Service mailbox. Visit the Mail Delivery Service Web page for additional information.