Mail Delivery Service
Students, faculty, and staff who do not work or take classes on the Pocatello Campus of ISU may request home or work delivery of Oboler Library materials, this includes books, theses, dissertations, musical scores, government documents, videos, or CD/DVDs. These cities are considered local: Aberdeen, American Falls, Blackfoot, Chubbuck, Fort Hall, Inkom, Lava Hot Springs, McCammon, Moreland, Pingree, Pocatello, Rockford, Rockland, Springfield and Sterling.
There will be a $4.00 charge per item for this service. The charge will be added to your library account when the item is mailed. A prepaid mailing label will be included so that the item can easily be returned using any U. S. Postal Service mailbox. You will be responsible for the item from the time it leaves the Oboler Library until it is checked back in. If damage or loss occurs, you are responsible for compensation or replacement fees. If the item is returned late, you will be charged the applicable fine. If you need extra time to return the package, you may renew the item to avoid fines.
To use this service:
- You must be a distance student, faculty, or staff person.
- Request an item by using the instructions in Get an Oboler library Book.
- Select the Mail (ISU Books Only) option in the Deliver To: box of the request form.
- Important: Type your complete mailing address in the Comment: box of the request form.
- Monitor the status of your request by going to the Library Catalog and clicking on the Your Record button in the top toolbar. Your request will be in the Requests Pending section of your record during processing. As soon as the item is checked out to you and mailed, the requested item will then appear in the Checked Out Items section of your record.
- When you receive the item in the mail, open the package carefully so that you can reuse the mailer when you return the item. Save the prepaid Business Reply Label to use when you return the item. Without this label you are responsible for return postage.
- Pay the applicable fee. Refer to the amount charged that was included with the item, or go to your library record to see how much you owe. You will not be able to request additional books or articles if you owe more than $40.
- Return the item:
- Pack item(s) securely using the original packing material, if possible.
- Attach the self-adhesive, prepaid Business Reply Label over the existing address label on the original packing material. If you lose the prepaid label you must pay return postage. See mailing address below.
- Important: Put your return address in the upper left-hand corner of the Business Reply Label.
- If you want to insure or track the package:
- Take it to any post office and pay the insurance or signature fee.
- Return postage is paid by the ISU-Oboler Library with the use of the Business Reply Label.
- Insurance rates will vary depending on weight, distance, and amount insured.
- If you do not want to insure the package:
- Put it in any U. S. Postal Service mail box. (Not to be confused with UPS drop boxes.)
- If a book is lost in the mail and it is not insured or tracked, you will be charged applicable lost book (or replacement) fees.
You are responsible for the item from the time it leaves the ISU-Oboler Library until it is checked back in at Circulation.
Library Staff Contact:
Oboler Library Circulation Desk
|Return mailing address:
Eli M Oboler Library
Idaho State University
921 S 8th Ave Stop 8089
Pocatello, ID 83209-8089