Distance Library Services
Idaho State University Library - Idaho Falls
General Information | Idaho State University Library - Idaho Falls Location
Resources | Reference/Instruction | Reserve Materials | Printing and Media
Staff Members | Obtaining Library Materials | Other Services from the ISU Library in Pocatello
Local City Library Resource | Idaho State University Library - Idaho Falls, Hours of Operation
Idaho State University Library - Idaho Falls Location
Located on the main floor of the Tingey Administration building at Idaho State University Library - Idaho Falls. (Room 250, 1776 Science Center Drive, Idaho Falls, ID 83402) See floor plan for location within the Tingey Administration building.
Phone: (208) 282-7906
Fax: (208) 282-7910
- Idaho State University Library - Idaho Falls maintains a collection of materials and information to support the coursework for students and faculty of Idaho State University, University of Idaho, and Eastern Idaho Technical College.
- Library staff members are available on site to assist students or community users.
- Reference collection consists of around 415 titles and 656 volumes.
- Subscribes to the Idaho Falls Post Register and the Wall Street Journal newspapers.
- Current magazine subscriptions include Discover, Newsweek and U.S. News & World Report; back issues are kept one year.
- Miscellaneous donated magazines are kept for varying lengths of time. Some donated nursing journals will remain in the collection indefinitely.
- Has computer access to both the Idaho State University's Oboler Library materials in Pocatello and the University of Idaho resources in Moscow using 9 computers.
- Assistance for individuals who need help with research-oriented assignments.
- Come in for "spontaneous assistance" or make an appointment by calling (208) 282-7906.
- For students to be efficient in their studies, it helps to know how to use the Library's web site databases and other resources.
- One goal of Idaho State University Library - Idaho Falls is to familiarize students and faculty with the materials and resources that are available to them and help them maximize their use.
- Library instruction and workshops for courses are offered at Idaho State University Library - Idaho Falls.
- Schedule instruction sessions by calling (208) 282-7906.
Tutorials & Searching Guides
- Currently, links to tutorials, searching guides, etc. for health databases are included in the Idaho Health Sciences Library (IHSL) wiki. Search for a specific database, and then find the links listed under "More Information".
- Locate Electronic Reserve items by searching in the Library Catalog for the Course Reserves by instructor name or course number, and follow the link to the electronic or "e-reserve" item.
- Idaho State University Library - Idaho Falls maintains a reserve collection of supplementary materials for classes taught in Idaho Falls.
- Some materials are on permanent reserve, such as the 94-title Albertson Teacher Education collection available for two weeks checkout.
- New reserve materials are typically ready for checkout within 2 hours of delivery. Some reserve items are now available online.
- Reserve materials may be photocopied as allowed by the instructor placing the materials on reserve.
- They can utilize this service by bringing the materials to Idaho State University Library - Idaho Falls and indicating specifics about checkout, copy restrictions, etc.
- New reserve materials are typically ready for checkout by students within 2 hours of delivery.
Printing and Media
- Copy machine copies are five cents each using coins or an ISU ID Card.
- Laser printer for printing from all Idaho State University Library - Idaho Falls computers is available for five cents per sheet.
- Television/VCR monitor are available for viewing videotapes in the Reserve Collection.
- Audiocassette players are available for use with audiocassette tapes in the Reserve Collection.
Librarian, Idaho State University Library - Idaho Falls
Phone: (208) 282-7849 or (208) 282-7906
Library Assistant II
Phone: (208) 282-7906
Idaho State University Library - Idaho Falls is also staffed by student assistants
Book delivery will continue to be provided to Idaho State University Library - Idaho Falls at no charge. This delivery is usually faster than mail because items are couriered daily, Monday - Friday. However, book delivery to your specified address is available for a fee; see Get an Oboler Library Book.
Local City Library Resource
Idaho Falls Public Library
Idaho Falls, ID 83402-3637
Phone Reference Dept.: (208) 612-8462
Web site: http://www.ifpl.org/
Idaho State University Library - Idaho Falls, Hours of Operation
Fall and Spring Semesters
|Monday - Thursday||9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
|Friday - Saturday||9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.|
See Exceptions on the Library Hours page.
|Monday - Thursday||9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Friday||9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.|
|Monday - Thursday||10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.|
|Friday - Saturday||10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.|