Associate of Science in Paramedic Science
An alarm goes off. Your adrenaline starts pumping as dispatch comes over your radio. Through the static and scratch you hear it's a code blue and you're the solitary link between life and death.
You're prepared to save this life. And you know it.
Your confidence stems from studying Paramedic Science at Idaho State University. Having studied at what many call the "Health Science School of Idaho," you received a two-year Associate degree from one of the premier, accredited medical schools in the Northwest.
Your patient is lucky.
In Idaho State University's Paramedic Science course, you'll be taught by experienced paramedics, from the highly-esteemed Ada County Paramedics, located in Boise, Idaho. And unlike many other paramedic programs, which offer no college credit- with our program you'll receive a 2-year, Associate of Science degree.Apply Now
Why Choose the ISU Paramedic Science Program?
- Competitive costs that include academic credit and a degree.
- Eligible for Federal Financial aid.
- 100 % first time pass rate on the national written exam.
- The only accredited Associate of Science program in Paramedic Science in Idaho.
- Offer a field internship with a local EMS agency.
- Option to continue on for a B.S. in Health Sciences with a concentration in Emergency medical Services.
Other Reasons to Enroll in ISU's Paramedic Science Program
- Your degree will be accredited and highly regarded
- Your classes will be small
- Your tuition will be competitive
- You'll have the ability to apply for federal financial aid- which no certificate-only programs in the state offer
- You'll have the ability to make $40k or more, working only 8 days a month
Space in the Paramedic Science Program is very limited. Contact us now to learn how to apply.
About ISU's Emergency Services Programs
ISU offers the classroom-based Associate of Science in Paramedic Science at its Meridian, Idaho campus. Additionally, ISU's Emergency Services programs include Associate and Bachelor of Science degrees in Emergency Management and Fire Service Administration. New in the fall of 2015, Idaho State University will offer a Bachelor of Science degree with a concentration in Emergency Medical Services. Each of these web-based degrees is instructor-interactive, live-online and is delivered to students via Blackboard Collaborate.
The Institute of Emergency Management develops and administers degrees that support the fields of emergency management, fire services, and paramedic science. Additionally, the Institute runs the Human Patient Simulation Lab at the ISU Meridian Health Science Center and, in coordination with local hospitals, and develops and supports outreach training for the surrounding EMS professionals.