Account Service Descriptions
Information Technology Services (ITS) provides access to several services on campus. The following list explains each of the various services:
- LDAP: The LDAP Service provides credential verification to several other ISU services. This service is for life and should never be listed as expiring.
- XDrv: The XDrv service provides access to the Lex Drive. This is the secure drive provided for the storage of institutional files. It also provides access to assigned departmental shares.
- Mail: The Mail Service provides access to a Gmail Account. These accounts are for life and should never be listed as expiring
- Remote: The Remote Service is used in determining access permissions for the ITS-managed computer labs and the ISUWIFI wireless network
- NReg: Each NReg Service allows the corresponding registered Mac address to connect to the wireless network.
- FSTools: The FSTools Service allows connection to the old FSTools Database. This service is no longer used by the majority of campus.
- HP1: The HP1 Service allows connection to the legacy HP1 administrative server. The majority of departments on campus no longer need access to this service.
- DocM: The DocM Service allows access to the legacy Document Management services.
- RSrv: The RSrv Service allows management access to videos on ITRC?s Real Video server.
- Mad: The Mad Service allows connection to a specific service, typically an application, used by some departments.