General Procedures for Moodle ISU
This is a new procedure beginning with Fall 2010. If you have any questions about this process please contact the ITRC at 282-5880.
- Moodle ISU courses are created based on information provided in the class schedule and managed by the ISU Registrar. Your department course scheduler must indicate the need for a Moodle ISU course by marking "Moodle Required" in the course request form. Moodle ISU courses become available for instructors to begin working on as soon as the class schedule from their department is entered into Banner by the Registrar's office. This means that Moodle ISU courses will be created before registration begins for students.
- If you did not request a Moodle ISU course when the initial schedule was submitted, please contact your designated department course scheduler to update the class schedule information. Once the registrar receives the updated information, the Moodle ISU course will be created automatically.
- If you did request a Moodle ISU course when the initial schedule was submitted you can find your future courses by clicking on the "All courses..." and searching using the prefix, number and term. (e.g., ENGL 1102 Spring). The "My courses" block will contain the current term's courses beginning the week before the term begins. All future courses that have already been submitted to the registrar can be found by searching.
- If you are teaching multiple sections of the same course and would like to have a single Moodle ISU course with all your students enrolled, please request a metacourse (multi-section course) after the registrar has designated you as the lead instructor. Metacourses (multi-section courses) need to be requested through the ITRC using the Metacourse Request Form.
- If you would like to begin working on your course before the class schedule is complete or need to begin work developing a future course you may request a development course. Development courses need to be requested through the ITRC using the Development Course Request Form. (Development courses do not enroll students).
- Faculty Assignments are created based on the information provided in the class schedule and managed by the ISU Registrar.
- If you need to be listed as the instructor of record, please contact your designated department course scheduler to update the class schedule information. Once the registrar receives the updated information, Moodle ISU will be updated and you will have access to the Moodle ISU course.
- An instructor of record may add additional instructors as need within the Moodle ISU course. Instructions can be found on the handouts page for Adding Another Instructor to your Moodle Course.
- Once registration opens for the term, students will be enrolled automatically as they register.
- For new students it may take up to 48 hours before the student has access to Moodle ISU.
- Beginning with the Fall 2010 Term, Moodle ISU courses will automatically be made available on the first day of the term. Faculty can make the courses available earlier, as appropriate.
For information about other start and end of semester procedures please see the following: