The ITRC abides by copyright laws. Due to the nature of online and video classroom networks, there is a considerable gap between what is authorized use for face-to-face teaching and online or video classrooms. It is vital, that as an instructor, you understand the varying degrees of fair use within a face-to-face classroom, video classroom and a completely online course.
When bringing in course resources to upload to the ISU servers, we will always ask for a copyright release.
Resources about Copyright
- ISU Training Workshop on Copyright Information
- Rulemaking Changes in 2010 on Anticircumvention
- Crash Course in Copyright - University of Texas System
- The TEACH Act (Technology, Education, and Copyright Harmonization Act) - Copyright Clearance Center
- Sample letter to copyright owner