SEVIS Transfer Process
In order for your SEVIS record to be transferred to ISU from another school you must:
- Have been given Admission at ISU
- Have submited to IPO copies of your passport, visa, current I-94 card and current I-20
- Have been in valid F-1 status as demonstrated on the SEVIS Transfer Release Form (PDF)
Contact an International Student Advisor at your previous school to complete the procedures for transferring your SEVIS record to ISU. Once your SEVIS record has been released to ISU, you have completed the transfer process.
Your Transfer I-20
If you need to travel outside the U.S. prior to your first semester at ISU, please contact us at email@example.com to request a transfer I-20 for travel. Otherwise, you may pick up your I-20 upon arrival at ISU.
Orientation and IPO Check-In
A mandatory orientation session is required for all new ISU international students. This includes transfer students. More information regarding orientation is found on our orientation page.
You are also required to check-in within 15 days of the start of the semester with IPO. Failure to complete your IPO check-in will place you in violation of your immigration status.
- On campus work: Once your I-20 has been transferred to ISU, you may begin on-campus work. You may only work on the campus which currently maintains your I-20.
- Old I-20's: Never throw away your old I-20s. They provide a record of your immigration history.