Pre-Departure Checklist for International Students
- Pay SEVIS Fee
Pay the SEVIS fee online at https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/
- Apply for Student Visa
Apply for your F-1 or J-1 visa. Go to the Department of State website to learn the steps for applying for your visa. Also take a look at our tips on How to Apply for a Student Visa.
- Other helpful links:
Note: Students from Canada are not required to appear for a visa interview and may skip this step.
Please let us know the results of your visa interview within 3 days of the interview by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make your arrangements for housing by doing one of the following:
- Register for on-campus housing and send your $150.00 reservation
fee by visiting http://www.isu.edu/housing/.
- Search for off-campus housing, prior to arrival, using your own resources.
All incoming students must inform the International Programs Office of your travel plans using one of the following two options:
- Complete and submit the online Travel Details Form.
- Complete and fax the Travel Details Form included in your admissions packet to fax number 208-282-2924
Complete the mandatory F.A.R. advising session and the quiz following each session.
Note: Students who do not do this prior to arrival at ISU will not be able to register for classes until it is completed.
In order to complete the F.A.R. advising, you will need to use your student ID and username found on your acceptance letter.
F.A.R. ADVISING: Select the advising session that applies to your current status, either
Complete and submit the online International Student Orientation Registration Form.
Once you arrive in Pocatello, you will need to check in promptly at the International Programs Office. Please have all of the following documents with you when you check in.
Note: You will not be able to make class schedule adjustments until you have officially checked in with IPO.
- I-20 or DS-2019
- I-94 card (obtained at port-of-entry)
- Complete our Check-In Form (PDF) or the Check-In Form included in your admissions packet. This form must be completed in its entirety and submitted IN PERSON to the International Programs Office upon arrival.
See our Check-In page for more information.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office at (208) 282-4320
or email us at email@example.com.