International Admission Requirements
To be considered for admission, international students must meet the following academic and English proficiency minimum requirements.
Note: All documents and transcripts become the property of Idaho State University and will not be returned to the student.
- Undergraduate Freshman applicants must:
- Have graduated from a high school or secondary school with satifactory grades, received a diploma or certificate of graduation, and be eligible for admission to a major university in the country in which they graduated.
- Have at least a 2.25 GPA.
- SAT or ACT is not required for admission.
- Undergraduate Transfer Students:
- Have at least a cumulative 2.0 GPA.
- Be in good academic standing at the last institution attended.
- Graduate Students: Go to the Graduate School page for information about Graduate admission requirements.
International applicants are classified as Transfer Students if they have completed at least 26 credit hours at another college or university. Applicants with fewer than 26 semester credit hours after secondary school should submit materials required by Freshmen applicants, including secondary school transcripts.
Transfer Students must:
International students are required to show proof of English proficiency as follows.
- Students coming from countries where English is the official medium of instruction are exempt from this requirement. To see if you qualify, contact the IPO office at 208-282-4320.
- Students transferring 26 or more credits from another college or university in the United States are exempt from this requirement.
TOEFL or IELTS
Applicants must have a minimum TOEFL or IELTS score as shown below. ISU's TOEFL code is 4355.
*Some graduate programs require a higher TOEFL score than the minimum stated above. Please consult the graduate catalog for the specific requirements for your major.
More information about the tests:
ELS Program Completion
Students can also show English proficiency by completing Level 112 at any ELS program.