Undergraduate Freshman Admission
- Apply for Undergraduate Admission
- Pay the application fee
- Send school transcripts/records to the International Programs Office
- Send English proficiency scores to the International Programs Office
- Send proof of financial support if you need an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility
The $50 application fee will be collected during the online application process. If sending a paper application, please send an international money order or bank draft payable in U.S. funds to Idaho State University. Please do not send cash.
Freshman applicants must submit official secondary school mark sheets and diploma. The documents must be originals or copies certified by the school principal or controller of examinations and sealed in a school envelope. Documents not in English must be translated by a certified translator.
If your first language is not English, then official English Proficiency scores must be sent directly to the IPO office from the testing center. Go to our English Proficiency page for test score information.
If you are currently on an F-1 or J-1 visa or will be applying for and F-1 or J-1 visa, the following will be required:
- A signed statement from any sponsor providing financial support covering your first year tuition and living expenses. Download the Declaration of Financial Support (pdf). Applicants being sponsored by their government, embassy, or educational agency need only submit a financial guarantee OR letter of sponsorship from their relevant authority.
- Bank documentation showing the minimum amount of funds as required on the Declaration of Financial Support above. The funds must be liquid. The documentation must be original (or certified copies of an original document) and must be dated within the past six months in order to be considered valid.
- SEVIS Transfer Release Form (pdf) completed by your current international student advisor.
- Copy of your current I-20 from your previous school
- Copy of your current Visa (excluding students from Canada)
- Copy of your current I-94 card