Search Human Resources:

Campus Box 8107
Pocatello, ID 83209-8107
Phone (208) 282-2517
Fax (208) 282-4976

Customer service survey
Human Resources

Benefits: Time Off: Personal Leave

Application for Leave

Any employee may apply for a leave without compensation for personal reasons. A request for personal leave shall be submitted through the employee's supervisor and will be elevated through the reporting chain of command. Ultimately, a leave without compensation is granted at the discretion of the President. The initial grant of a leave without compensation may be for a period of up to one calendar year. Extensions of such a leave for one year at a time may be granted by the President not to exceed a total of three successive calendar years.

An employee who has received approval from the President for a leave without compensation may continue to contribute toward and receive the benefits of any State or University insurance and retirement programs, if the laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures governing the administration of such insurance and retirement programs permit. The employee on a personal leave of absence would be expected to pay both the employee's and employer's share of group insurance premiums.