The University Honors Program at Idaho State University is an elite academic program for students who aspire to a more engaging and enriching collegiate experience. The program synthesizes the idea of a structured learning community within an interdisciplinary curriculum. Each class is fashioned into small cohorts and led by extremely dedicated and passionate professors who devote themselves to the development of their students.
The primary goals of the program are:
- To provide a challenging and imaginative curriculum.
- To prepare students for a post-graduate education through seminars, individual scholarship, and one-on-one interaction with faculty.
- To enhance the life of all honors students by nurturing a spirit of continued inquiry and a love of learning.
Graduates of the University Honors Program will receive Idaho’s only Honors Degree - either the Honors Bachelor of Arts, the Honors Bachelor of Science, the Honors Bachelor of Business Administration, or the Honors Bachelor of Fine Arts.
The University Honors Program offers students:
- Priority registration throughout the student's college career
- Small class sizes throughout the honors curriculum
- Organized leadership and service activities outside the classroom
- An active learning and living community on campus
- Personal connections with honors faculty to support student growth
- Individual undergraduate research opportunities
- Additional scholarships reserved for honors students
- A tremendous preparation for post-graduate studies
Last Modified: 06/19/2015