How to Apply
You may apply to the Honors Program by mail. Send the completed application to the address stated on the form.
The application deadline for the 2013-2014 academic year is February 15, 2013.
Student Admission Criteria
While all of the expectations listed below are important, the Honors Admissions Council considers each applicant individually and comprehensively. Selection to the program is competitive and applications are considered as they are received. Since there are limited spaces available in our program, early application to ISU and the University Honors Program can significantly improve a student’s chances of admission.
The Admissions Council will consider applicants who do not meet the admissions criteria if there are remaining openings in the program on February 15, 2013. If you send in an application and then receive a better ACT or SAT score at a later date, you MUST contact the Honors Program in order for your application to be reconsidered.
- High school GPA of 3.6 or better
- Meet either the SAT or ACT Minimum listed below:
- SAT Minimum: 605 Critical Reading and 605 Math
- ACT Minimum: 27 English and 27 Math
- Letter of reference from a high school teacher, official, or non-related individual (Principal, Assistant Principal, Counselor, or someone who can speak to the applicant's academic abilities)
- Writing sample (preferably 3-5 pages; please supply teacher’s name, class, and date written)
- List of leadership experience and club involvement experience
- List of prior and/or current college coursework
Last Modified: 11/28/2012