- Accumulative GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Completion of required courses listed under pre-dietetics with no course grade lower than a C in any of the following classes: CHEM 1101, 1102, 1103; BIOL 1101, 2221, 2223, 3301, 3302; ENGL 1101, 1102: and NTD 1104, 2204, 2239.
- Completion of ISU general education requirements is strongly suggested prior to applying and must be completed before graduation.
Students may only apply to the professional component of the DPD in the spring semester once requirements are met. Applicants must complete the DPD application, write a letter of application, and include an application fee of $20. In addition, transcripts of all colleges and universities attended other than ISU must be submitted unless required classes taken at other colleges or universities are already listed on the student's ISU transcript. Applications will not be reviewed until all application materials have been received. The application deadline is February 15th.
Application should include the following:
- A completed DPD application form (doc).
- Official sealed transcripts from all colleges and universities other than ISU (see conditions above)
- A typed letter of application stating reasons for selected dietetics as a career and professional goals.
- A non-refundable application of $20 (make check payable to the Dietetic Programs)
- Put all materials together in one large envelope and send to the address below.
NOTE: Students accepted into the dietetics program must start the hepatitis B series shots and TB screening. This can be done by the Student Health Center, a private physician, or a clinic.
Students under 35 must submit proof of updated and acceptable MMR vaccines (Mumps, Measles, and Rubella.)
Applications should be sent to:
Linda Rankin, PhD, RD, LD, FADA
Director, Didactic Program in Dietetics
Idaho State University
921 S. 8th Ave
Pocatello, ID 83209-8117
Office: (208) 282-3054