ISU Physical and Occupational Therapy Associates
2nd Floor Garrison Hall (Upper Campus)
1400 E Terry Drive, Room 202
Idaho State University
Pocatello, Idaho 83209
Garrison Hall is located directly across from Portneuf Regional Medical Center on Memorial Drive
ISU Physical and Occupational Therapy Clinic Associates
Pocatello, ID 83209
The clinic is in operation for the Fall and Spring semesters during the academic year. Summer hours are scheduled on a case basis. The semester hours are typically 9-1 pm on Fridays. The clinic functions as a teaching arm for the Master's of Occupational Therapy students and is supervised by licensed occupational therapy faculty.
Web link: www.isu.edu/dpot
Services & Fees
The clinic accepts Blue Cross of Idaho insurance and ISU student insurance. In addition, there is a sliding fee scale for those patients who are financially limited. The clinic does not treat patients with medicare or medicaid patients. The initial evaluation cost for Blue Cross is $78.00 and for ISU Student insurance it is $44.50. The sliding scale per treatment is $20.00.
Payment of fees is requested on the initiation of services. The clinic staff will help assist you in billing insurances. If you are an ISU student, we reserve the right to withhold grades or transcripts until payment for services is received.
Facilities, Equipment and Technology
The clinic has a full array of treatment facilities including examination and treatment rooms, computer-aided cognitive rehabilitation, orthotics fabrication, therapeutic environment for activities of daily living re-training with: full kitchen, bathroom, bed, and laundry, and access to community transportation.
Benefits to Students
The Occupational Therapy Clinic supports the department and the community through:
- Providing occupational therapy graduates trained in entry level occupational therapist skills.
- Operating and maintaining a clinic for patients with neuromuscular, cognitive, and musculoskeletal diagnoses as a part of the university and extended communities.
- Making a strong contribution toward fostering ethical and legal best practice in the profession of occupational therapy.
- Conducting research and other scholarly activities in the occupational therapy profession.
Professional Service Contributions
- The faculty are licensed occupational therapists in the state of Idaho.
- Local, state, regional and national professional association activities.
- Interdisciplinary activities with other health care providers at the university and in the community.
- Research and scholarly endeavors.
Faculty & Staff
- Fe Davis, Clinic Secretary 282-2590/4285
- Dr. Aaron M. Eakman, PhD, OTR/L, Program Director, 282-3758
- Dr. Bryan Gee, OTD, MS, OTR/L, Assistant Professor, 282-3629
- Dr. Kelly Thompson, EdD, OTR/L, Clinical Assistant Professor, 282-4097
- Dr. Theodore Peterson, DrOT, MBA, OTR/L, Clinical Assistant Professor, 282-4631
- Loriann Helgeson, OTR/L, Clinical Instructor