Posted February 27, 2014
Idaho State University Central Advising is presenting a success series called Planting Seeds for Student Success from March 3-13.
These daily lunchtime presentations encourage students to begin considering their summer and fall semester plans as well as how to gain valuable experience outside of the classroom that will enrich their academic degree.
Presentations are in the ISU Career Center classroom, Museum Building Room 418, from 12:20 to 12:50 p.m. daily as follows:
• Monday, March 3 – Goal Setting for College Success: Easy-to-remember tips for goals that stick
• Tuesday, March 4 – Job Shadowing and Informational Interviewing: Check out a career before you decide
• Wednesday, March 5 – How to Declare Your Major and Catalog Year: Important information to keep you on track to graduation
• Thursday, March 6 – Effective Interviewing: Make a great impression face-to-face
• Monday, March 10 – Mapping Out Academic Milestones: Celebrate your accomplishments and identify what’s next
• Tuesday, March 11 – Resume Writing: Show off your experience with these useful tips
• Wednesday, March 12 – Incubate Your Destiny: Use patience, faith, and strategy to grow the career of your dreams
• Thursday, March 13 – Maximizing Social Capital: Learn how your college relationships can work for you
There will be ISU giveaways at each presentation. For questions about the Planting Seeds for Student Success series, contact Nancy Goodman at 282-3277 or email@example.com.