Posted February 4, 2014
The Idaho State University Office of Marketing and Communications distributes this event calendar to let the public and media know about upcoming non-athletic events at the University. This information is intended for release in print and broadcast events calendars. Various events calendars with more complete information are available online at the website www.isu.edu/calendar.
A copy of this release can also be accessed via ISU’s homepage at www.isu.edu. Information about ISU athletic events is available at www.isubengals.com. The area code for all phone numbers is 208 unless otherwise noted. The phone number for Marketing and Communications is (208) 282-3620.
Friday, January 31
• 27th Annual Jazz Fest free concert featuring Idaho Collective Jazz Quartet: Free concert at 8:30 p.m. at Portneuf Valley Brewing in Pocatello, featuring the Idaho Collective Jazz Quartet. Information: Idaho Sate University Director of Bands Dr. Patrick Brooks at 282-3147, or at email@example.com.
Saturday, Feb. 1
• ISU Chinese New Year: The ISU Chinese Students and Scholars Association (CSSA) invites the community to experience the traditional culture of China from 6 to 9 p.m. in the Pond Student Union Ballroom. Event includes dinner and entertainment. Tickets are on sale at the Pond Student Union and Rendezvous Complex from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. through Jan. 31. Advance ticket prices are $7 for ISU students, $9 for ISU faculty and staff, and $10 for the general public. Tickets cost $1 more at the door. Information: Jingwen Wang, at (612) 991-6499 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
• 27th Annual Jazz Fest Finale Concert: The Jazz Fest finale concert is at 7:30 p.m. in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall in the Stephens Performing Arts Center. It will feature the ISU Jazz I Big Band with the Idaho Collective Jazz Quartet.
Ticket prices for the Feb. 1 concert are $8 for adults, $6 for ISU faculty and staff, $4 for pre-college students and free to ISU students. Children under 6 years of age will not be admitted into concerts. Information: Idaho Sate University Director of Bands Dr. Patrick Brooks at 282-3147, or at email@example.com.
Monday, Feb. 3
• ISU Fine Arts Senior Exhibition: Opening reception is from 5 to 7 p.m. in the John B. Davis Art Gallery in the ISU Fine Arts Building. The exhibit features the work of Carla Jensen and Carrie Bridges. It will run through Feb. 14. Regular Davis Gallery hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays. Information: Ryan Babcock, 208-282-6652 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, Feb. 6
• Free Community Health Screening-Meridian: Immanuel Lutheran Church, 707 W. Fort St. Boise from 4p.m.to 7p.m. Faculty and ISU-Meridian student clinicians will administer services, including free flu shots and other basic screening services, which include blood pressure checks, dental evaluations, depression and alcohol screenings and questionnaires, on-site testing for blood sugar levels, cholesterol, HIV and Hepatitis C, hearing and eye screenings, nutrition assessment and recommendations, and health education. The process takes about 90 minutes. No appointment is necessary. For more information, call 373-1700 or email healthyU@isu.edu.
• Humanities Café: “What Do Parents Teach Children About Gender and Violence?” is the topic at the event being held at Portneuf Valley Brewery in Pocatello from 6 to 8 p.m. Information: Call 282-3377.
Saturday, February 8
• Oboler Library 5th Annual Miniature Golf: The ISU Oboler Library is holding the 5th annual miniature golf day at ISU Oboler Library from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Feb. 8. Play the 18-hole miniature golf course and have lunch. Tickets for golf are $3 ISU students with your student ID, $5 all others, $20 for family. Lunch of bratwurst or hotdogs, chips, and water or soda will be available for purchase. Information: call 282-2997.
• Oboler Library Book Sale: The book sale on Feb. 8 is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. All proceeds from the fundraiser will be used for refurnishing student study areas in the library. The event is hosted by Friends of Oboler Library in partnership with ISU Libraries. Information: call 282-2997.
• Nepalese Night 2014: The ISU Nepalese students are hosting this event Feb. 8 in the ISU Pond Student Union Ballroom at 6 p.m. The event features authentic food, traditional music, dances and several cultural presentations.
Tickets for the night are available at PSUB and Rendezvous Complex. Prices for tickets bought in advance are $7 for students, $8 for ISU faculty and staff, and $9 for general public. Tickets will cost $1 more at the door. For more information email NSAofISU@gmail.com.
• ISU Faculty Recital: ISU music Associate Professor Kori Bond will perform on the piano Feb. 8 from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall, Stephens Performing Arts Center Ticket prices are $10 for adults, $7 for ISU faculty and staff, $5 for pre-college and free for college students with Bengal ID. Information: call 282-3636.
Sunday, February 9
• Oboler Library Book Sale: The book sale Feb. 9 is from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. All proceeds from the fundraiser will be used for refurnishing student study areas in the library. The event is hosted by Friends of Oboler Library in partnership with ISU Libraries. Information: call 282-2997.
Friday, February 14
• Idaho State Civic Symphony POPS Concert: The evening features the Idaho State-Civic Symphony’s POPS concert, dinner and raffle event featuring virtuoso mariachi, Jeff Nevin. The pre-concert dinner is at 5:30 p.m. in the Stephens Performing Arts Center Marshall Rotunda. The concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall.
Dinner tickets are $40 per person and must be purchased in advance by Feb. 9. For dinner tickets, reservations and additional information, contact Rayna Valentine at (208) 233-7081. Symphony ticket prices are $32 for adults, $17 for students in elementary school through high school, and $12 for third-tier balcony seats. To order your concert tickets, contact the ISU Box Office by calling (208) 282-3595 or order online at www.isu.edu/tickets. To purchase pre-event Raffle tickets, or make reservations for the pre-concert Valentine Dinner ($40 per person), please contact Rayna Valentine at (208) 233-7081.
Monday February 17
Presidents Day Holiday: No classes will be held, offices closed.