Posted September 19, 2013
Idaho State University Central Academic Advising will present the third annual semester-long student success and retention series, "Harvest Your Potential."
This program consists of student success and career development presentations and activities. Students who participate in eight or more of these events throughout the semester, including one fair and a meeting with both an academic advisor and career counselor, will be invited to an end-of-semester student recognition event featuring food and giveaways on Dec. 5. Attendance at these events will be verified through a punch card, which is available at Central Academic Advising and the Student Success Center.
Below is the complete "Harvest Your Potential" series calendar for fall 2013. All presentations are held in the Rendezvous Suites (main floor Rendezvous Complex) unless otherwise noted. Tuesday and Thursday presentations are from 12:30 to 1 p.m. Wednesday presentations are from 12:15 to 12:45 p.m.
• Sept. 4 – Part-time Job Fair at the Pond Student Union Building, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
• Sept. 10, 11 – Mapping Out Academic Milestones
• Sept. 17, 18– The Hero’s Journey: Your Adventure as a Student
• Sept. 24, 25 – Build Your Resume Through Student Involvement
• Oct. 1, 2 – Declaring Your Major and Catalog Year
• Oct. 8 – Graduate Schools and Health Professions Fair, PSUB, 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
• Oct. 16 – Majors and Minors Fair: Get Your Major Mojo, PSUB, 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Oct. 29, 30 – Networking With Faculty
• Nov. 5, 6 – The Other Plan A: When You Need to Reconsider Your Major
• Nov. 12, 13 – Mindfulness in a Minute
• Nov. 19, 21 – Financial Aid and Scholarships
Central Academic Advising strives to make campus information and assistance readily available to students so they can reach their highest academic and professional potential.
For more information, feedback or punch card requests, contact Central Advising at 282-3277 or firstname.lastname@example.org.