ISU holiday card contest open to undergraduate, graduate students; top prize $1,000, deadline for entry is Oct. 14
Posted September 17, 2013
Idaho State University undergraduate and graduate students can enter a contest to create the design for this year's ISU holiday card. The contest winner will receive a $1,000 cash prize, the runner-up a $500 cash prize. The winning entry will appear on the University holiday card, which is sent to thousands of University family members and supporters.
The deadline for entries is 5 p.m. Oct. 14 and the winning selection will be announced by Oct. 18. Entrants should try to capture the spirit and beauty of the winter holiday season, while thematically incorporating ISU.
Contest rules are:
• Entries must be a drawing or painting. No photographs or computer-generated design. Acceptable mediums include, but are not limited to, watercolor, oil and acrylic
• No black and white entries will be accepted
• Art can be vertical or horizontal and should be approximately 11" x 14"
• Contest is open to all ISU graduate and undergraduate students, both part time and full time
• Entering an art piece allows ISU to use all images in print and/or on the Web.
• The winning entry will be announced by 5 p.m. Oct. 18 and becomes property of ISU. The University reserves the right to abstain from selecting a winner if entries do not meet quality standards
All entries must be turned in to the President’s Office by 5 p.m. on Oct. 14. No entries will be accepted after that time. All entries, except the winning entry, can be picked up in the President's Office between Oct. 21 and Oct. 25. ISU will not be responsible for entries not picked up before Oct. 26.
For more information, contact the ISU President's Office at (208) 282-4798, or e-mail email@example.com with any questions.