Posted March 20, 2007
Idaho State University President Arthur C. Vailas, PhD, will deliver the keynote address “Climbing to New Heights” at the ISU Kasiska College of Health Professions 18th annual Research Day scheduled from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. March 30 in the Pond Student Union Building.
Vailas will deliver his address at 8:30 a.m. in the PSUB Salmon River North Fork Room. His keynote address will be followed at 9:30 a.m. by a panel discussion on research titled “Overcoming the ‘Buts’” moderated by Laura Vailas, PhD, director, development and education, Public Hospital Cooperative.
These activities will be followed by 40-minute concurrent paper presentations beginning at 10:30 and 11:15 a.m., and then a poster session and lunch running from noon to 1:30 p.m. in the PSUB Ballroom. Research paper presentations by faculty and graduate students include:
• “Early Cochlear Implantation and Spoken Language Acquisition,” Communication Sciences & Disorders/Education of Deaf, presenters are Kristin Negilski, MS, clinical assistant professor and Marcia Swain, Ph.D., assistant professor.
• “Student Reaction to Switching Online Learning Management Systems,” Physician Assistant Studies Program, presenters are Paula Phelps, MHE, associate professor, and Bernadette Howlett, research assistant professor.
• “Investigating a Model of Adult Bereavement Grief: A Delphi Study,” Department of Counseling, presenter, Elizabeth Doughty, assistant professor.
• “Analysis of LAM-derived Cell Transciptome Using Serial Analysis of Gene Expression,” arts and sciences and biological sciences, presenters Tiffany J. Whitney, graduate student; Dr. Maureen Brandon, associate dean College of Arts and Sciences; and Dr. Blanca Camoretti-Mercado.
• “Admissions Predictors of PA Graduate Success on National Board Exam: A Preliminary Study,” physician assistant studies program, presenters Bernadette Howlett, research assistant professor and Cindy Bunde, service learning copordinator.
• “A comparison of Online and In Class Learning for Undergraduate Nursing Research,” Department of Nursing, presenters Dr. Nancy Renn, PhD, RN, clinical assistant professor and Mary Anne Hales Reynolds, assistant professor.
There will be 20 research poster presentations during the luncheon.
For more information contact Bernadette Howlett at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.isu.edu/kchp/research.