Posted March 14, 2013
Idaho Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter, Pocatello Mayor Brian Blad and Chubbuck Mayor Steven England have written proclamations proclaiming that March 17-23 is Idaho State University Week.
"We're proud that Gov. Otter and Mayors Blad and England have honored Idaho State University with these proclamations," said Idaho State University President Arthur C. Vailas. “We invite the communities of Southeast Idaho and the entire state to visit our Pocatello campus to enjoy the many activities that showcase the University. Come Celebrate Idaho State."
Always a vital place, there are more activities than usual at ISU's Pocatello campus during Idaho State University Week, including the keystone event, Celebrate Idaho State, on March 19.
• Celebrate Idaho State, March 19 – The third annual Celebrate Idaho State, a CommUniversity event, will feature more than 120 groups providing a variety of free food, entertainment, art, culture, information, and scientific displays and demonstrations from 4 to 7 p.m. March 19 at the ISU Pond Student Union. This year's event incorporates the Idaho Science and Engineering Festival and the Idaho State University College of Technology's Tech Expo evening program. For more information visit www.isu.edu/headlines/?p=4248.
• ISU Detective/Spy Festival, March 17-21 – The festival, organized by the ISU Departments of English and Philosophy and Languages and Literature, will present films, lectures, and a panel discussion offering the Pocatello and ISU communities an enriching opportunity to reflect on the nature of this category of literature and film, For more information, visit http://www.isu.edu/headlines/?p=4302.
• ISU College of Technology Tech Expo Daytime Session, March 21 – Thousands of high school students from throughout Southeast Idaho will be heading to Holt Arena to take part in the ISU College of Technology's Tech Expo 2013, which will run from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The event showcases the many opportunities available from the ISU College of Technology. For more information, visit http://www.isu.edu/ctech/techexpo/index.shtml
• Idaho State University Health Fair, March 21-22 – The 33rd annual Health Fair is scheduled from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 21-22, and will feature more than 60 learning centers on a variety of health issues and blood draws. Examples of services offered at the fair include everything from body-fat screenings and tests of grip strength, to nervous system evaluations and home health and hospice information. Other learning centers will provide blood pressure readings and hearing screening tests, to name a few. For complete information on the fair visit www.isu.edu/healthfair.
• Chrome in the Dome, March 22-23 – Southeast Idaho's premier car show will run from 2 to 9 p.m. March 22 and 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. March 23 at Holt Arena. For more information, visit http://chromeinthedome.com.
• Cross Examination Debate Association National Tournament, March 22-26 – Idaho State University, for the second time in four years, is hosting this national tournament in the Pond Student Union that is expected to attract 450 debaters from universities throughout the United States.
• Jason Bishop Show of Illusion and Magic, March 23 – ISU's "A Season of Note" presents this show at 7:30 p.m. at Frazier Hall. For ticket information, call 208-282-3595 or visit at www.isu.edu/tickets.