Posted March 14, 2013
The third annual Celebrate Idaho State, a CommUniversity event, will feature more than 120 groups providing a variety of free food, entertainment, art, culture, information, and scientific displays and demonstrations from 4 to 7 p.m. March 19 in and near the ISU Pond Student Union.
This year's event incorporates the Idaho Science and Engineering Festival and the Idaho State University College of Technology's Tech Expo.
Some schedule highlights, all held in the Pond Student Union unless otherwise noted, include:
• 4 p.m. – Presidents' Welcome, featuring ISU President Arthur C. Vailas, the reading of the Mayors' proclamations and Governor's proclamation regarding the week of March 17-23 being honored as ISU Week, and the announcement of the three Celebrate Idaho State $1,000 scholarship winners.
• 4:15 p.m. – ISU string ensemble performance
• 4:30 p.m. – ISU saxophone quartet performance
• 4:30-5:30 p.m. – ISU Department of Physics Idaho Science and Engineering Festival Egg-Drop Competition, in PSUB Film Theater
• 5 p.m. – ISU Chamber Choir performance
• 5:30-6:30 p.m. – ISU Department of Physics Idaho Science and Engineering Festival Egg-Toss Catapult Competition, Hutchinson Quadrangle
• 5-6:30 p.m. – Performances and appearances by ISU Department of Theatre and Dance groups.
• 6 p.m. – Portneuf Valley Drumline
Free food at the event includes hotdogs and chips donated by Costco; baked potatoes donated by Driscoll Farms; chili, condiments, cookies and lemonade donated by Chartwells; and ice cream bars donated by the United Dairymen of Idaho.
The ISU Credit Union will be handing out Celebrate Idaho State T-shirts.
The Idaho Museum of Natural History will be offering free exhibit tours during the event.