Posted September 24, 2012
Calendar of Events
ISU Coming Events: September 24 – October 8
The Idaho State University Office of Marketing and Communications distributes this event calendar to let the public and media know about upcoming non-athletic events at the University. This information is intended for release in print and broadcast events calendars. Various events calendars with more complete information are available online at the website www.isu.edu/calendar.
A copy of this release can also be accessed via ISU's homepage at www.isu.edu. Information about ISU athletic events is available at www.isubengals.com. The area code for all phone numbers is 208 unless otherwise noted. The phone number for Marketing and Communications is (208) 282-3620.
Thursday, September 27
• Alumni Homecoming Kickoff Celebration: This event is 7-10 p.m. at Pinehurst Nursery and Floral, 4101 Pole Line Road in Pocatello. Cost is $20 per person and includes dinner, beverage tickets and commemorative glass. Reservations are requested. For more information or to make a reservation contact (800) 933-4781, (208) 282-3755 or email@example.com.
Friday, September 28
• Presidents' Homecoming Alumni Recognition Reception and Dinner: Event will be in the Main Ballroom of the Pocatello Red Lion Hotel. Scheduled events include a reception at 6 p.m., dinner at 7 p.m. and Recognition of Alumni Award recipients at 8 p.m. Cost is $40 per person. Reservations are required. For more information contact (800) 933-4781, (208) 282-3755 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, September 28
• "Gods and Kings" Idaho State Civic Symphony Concert: 7:30 – 9:30 p.m. located at Stephens Performing Arts Center, Jensen Grand Concert Hall. Mozart: Symphony No. 41- "Jupiter"; Beethoven: Piano Concert No. 5 – "Emperor," Xiayin Wang, pianist. For more information see www.thesymphony.us.
Saturday, September 29
• The ISU Homecoming 2012 Parade: The Idaho State University Homecoming 2012 Parade will begin at 10 a.m. at the corner of South First Avenue and Center Street, just east of the Center Street Underpass. From the starting point, the parade will proceed up Center Street to South 15th Avenue, where entries will turn right and continue to the parade's finish at the Holt Arena parking lot. The parade's theme is "Traditions Old and New" and lineup begins at 8 a.m. The parade staging area will be along First Avenue from Center Street south to Humbolt Street. The parade check-in/entry point for the general public is at First Avenue and Humbolt Street. For entries that have horses, there will be a staging and parking area on Sutter Street. For more information, contact parade chair Heidi Oliver at 282-3513 or email@example.com.
Monday, October 1
• ISU Pocatello CarFit Event: The Idaho State University occupational therapy program will host its annual CarFit event at the Holt Arena parking lot in Pocatello from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information, contact Ted Peterson, ISU clinical assistant professor of occupational therapy, at 282-4631 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about the CarFit program, visit www.car-fit.org.
Wednesday, October 3
• ISU Symphonic Band Concert: 730 p.m. Jensen Grand Concert Hall, Stephens Performing Arts Center. Information, 282-3636; tickets, 282-3595.
Thursday, October 4
• ISU Majors and Minors Fair: "Explore a World of Majors," will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the ISU Pond Student Union Ballroom. For more information, visit or contact Nancy Goodman at or 282-3277.
Friday, October 5
• ISU Blackfoot CarFit Event: The ISU occupational therapy program will host its annual CarFit event at the Eastern Idaho State Fair grounds in Blackfoot from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information, contact Ted Peterson, ISU clinical assistant professor of occupational therapy, at 282-4631 or email@example.com. For more information about the CarFit program, visit www.car-fit.org.
Saturday, October 6
• ISU-Meridian Free Child Screening: El Korah Shriners and Idaho State University-Meridian will host a free screening clinic for children with orthopedic conditions, burns and spinal cord injuries. The clinic is scheduled from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., at the Idaho State University-Meridian Health Science Center, 1311 E. Central Drive in Meridian. The Center is located on the north side of I-84 between Locust Grove and Meridian roads. For more information about the Oct. 6 screening clinic, call 208-343-0571.
Friday, October 12
• ISU Graduate Fair: The ISU Graduate Programs and Health Professions Fair will be held in the ISU Pond Student Union Ballroom from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. For more information, visit or contact Nancy Goodman at or 282-3277.