Posted September 10, 2012
Calendar of Events
ISU Coming Events: September 10-24
The Idaho State University Office of Marketing and Communications distributes this event calendar to let the public and media know about upcoming non-athletic events at the University. This information is intended for release in print and broadcast events calendars. Various events calendars with more complete information are available online at the website www.isu.edu/calendar.
A copy of this release can also be accessed via ISU's homepage at www.isu.edu. Information about ISU athletic events is available at www.isubengals.com. The area code for all phone numbers is 208 unless otherwise noted. The phone number for Marketing and Communications is (208) 282-3620.
Monday, September 10
• ISU Music Faculty recital: 7:30 p.m. in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall in the Stephens Performing Arts featuring Kathleen Lane, mezzo-soprano; David Cody, tenor; Kori Bond, piano; and Christopher Hahn, piano. ISU and University of Montana faculty will perform an evening of songs by Franz Schubert. Information, 282-3636; tickets, 282-3595.
• "Convenience from the Faraway Nearby II" exhibit opening: Idaho State University visiting art Assistant Professor Andrea Jensen will display her work in the "Convenience from the Faraway Nearby II" exhibit Sept. 10-21 in the John B. Davis Art Gallery. An opening reception will be held Monday, Sept. 10, from 6 to 8 p.m. Regular exhibit hours are Monday – Friday 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Information, 282-3341
Monday, September 10–Thursday, September 13
• Annual "I Love ISU" campaign: The 30th annual "I Love ISU" campaign for Idaho State University academic scholarships will feature volunteers calling from the Pond Student Union to alumni in Pocatello and American Falls. Information, 282-3755.
Tuesday, September 11
• "I Love ISU" Night at McDonald's in Pocatello: From 6-8 p.m. at two locations, 1011 S. Fifth Ave. and 831 Yellowstone, McDonald's restaurants will donate a portion of their proceeds to the "I Love ISU" scholarship campaign. Information, 282-3755.
• Exhibit opening "Of Yemen: the Culture and People": The Idaho State University Involvement Center will present the photographic exhibit "Of Yemen: the Culture and People" Sept. 11–Oct. 6 in the Transition Gallery located on the first floor of the Pond Student Union. The exhibit's opening reception will run from 6 to 8 p.m. on Sept. 11. The exhibit is a collaborative effort by Jacquelaine Wong and Juan Herrero. Information, 282-3451.
Wednesday, September 12
• ISU "A Season of Note" to Present Acoustic Blues Artist Eric Bibb: Bibb will perform at 7:30 p.m. in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall in the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $24 and $20 and go on sale Aug. 31. Tickets can be purchased at the Stephens Center Box Office, open from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. during the school year; over the phone at (208) 282-3595; online at www.isu.edu/tickets; or at Vickers Western Stores in Pocatello or Idaho Falls.
Thursday, September 13
• "I Love ISU" Celebration Pocatello Business After Hours: 5-7 p.m., Bonneville Park, Pocatello, hosted by Watkins Distributing. The end of the "I Love ISU" scholarship campaign will be celebrated. Information, 282-3755.
Saturday, September 15
• 31st CW HOG Pig Out Fundraiser: 3 to 10 p.m. Lower Ross Park in Pocatello. Event features a BBQ dinner with live music, dancing and fun. For more information, call 282-3912.
Saturday-Sunday, September 15-16
• ISU Outdoor Adventure Center Pocatello Pump: Ross Park climbing competition for 30 years and counting. Categories and prizes for everyone. For more information visit www.isu.edu/outdoor/pump.shtml.
Thursday, September 27
• Alumni Homecoming Kickoff Celebration: This event will take place 7-10 p.m. at Pinehurst Nursery and Floral, 4101 Pole Line Road in Pocatello. Cost is $20 per person and includes dinner, beverage tickets and commemorative glass. Reservations are requested. For more information or to make a reservation contact (800) 933-4781, (208) 282-3755 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, September 28
• Presidents' Homecoming Alumni Recognition Reception and Dinner: Event will be in the Main Ballroom of the Pocatello Red Lion Hotel. Scheduled events include a reception at 6 p.m., dinner at 7 p.m. and Recognition of Alumni Award recipients at 8 p.m. Cost is $40 per person. Reservations are required. For more information contact (800) 933-4781, (208) 282-3755 or email@example.com.
Saturday, September 29
• The ISU Homecoming 2012 Parade: The Idaho State University Homecoming 2012 Parade will begin at 10 a.m. at the corner of South First Avenue and Center Street, just east of the Center Street Underpass. From the starting point, the parade will proceed up Center Street to South 15th Avenue, where entries will turn right and continue to the parade's finish at the Holt Arena parking lot. The parade's theme is “Traditions Old and New” and lineup begins at 8 a.m. The parade staging area will be along First Avenue from Center Street south to Humbolt Street. The parade check-in/entry point for the general public is at First Avenue and Humbolt Street. For entries that have horses, there will be a staging and parking area on Sutter Street. For more information, contact parade chair Heidi Oliver at 282-3513 or firstname.lastname@example.org.