Idaho State University Central Academic Advising offers ‘Harvest Your Potential’ series for fall 2012
Posted August 29, 2012
This fall semester, Idaho State University Central Academic Advising will present the second annual semester-long student success and retention series "Harvest Your Potential."
This program consists of student success presentations and activities scheduled throughout the semester. Students who participate in eight or more of these events – including one fair, one meeting with an academic advisor, and one meeting with a career counselor – throughout the semester will be invited to an end-of-semester student recognition event held on Dec. 5.
Attendance at "Harvest Your Potential" events will be verified through use of a punch card; punch cards are available at Central Academic Advising in Room 307 Museum Building and the Student Success Center in Room 323 of the Rendezvous Complex.
Freshman, sophomore and undecided students will specifically be encouraged to participate in this interactive, hands-on series through campus-wide advertising, incentives, and instructor and faculty support and promotion.
Below is the complete "Harvest Your Potential" series calendar for fall 2012. All presentations are held from 12:10-12:45 p.m. in Rendezvous Suites A, B, or C; all fairs will be held in the Pond Student Union.
• Sept. 5 – Part-time Student Employment Fair— Pond Student Union, 9 a.m.–2 p.m.
• Sept. 11-12 – "Mapping Out Academic Milestones"
• Sept. 18-19 – "Attitudes for Academic Success"
• Sept. 25-26 – “The Hero’s Journey—Your Adventure as a Student”
• Oct. 4 – Majors and Minors Fair "Explore a World of Majors," Pond Student Union 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
• Oct. 9-10 – "When and How to Declare Your Major"
• Oct. 12 – ISU Graduate Programs and Health Professions Fair— Pond Student Union, 10:30 a.m.-1:30 pm
• Oct.16-17 – "Peer Leadership Opportunities"
• Oct. 30-31 – "Networking with Faculty—Why, When, How and Where"
• Nov. 6-7 – "So you Didn't Get Into Your Major: The Other Plan A"
• Nov. 12- 13 – "How to Apply for Scholarships"
ISU Central Academic Advising strives to make campus information and assistance readily available to students so they can reach their highest academic and professional potential. Here are some suggestions for promoting "Harvest Your Potential" in the classroom:
• Instructors can keep this schedule with course materials and remind students of upcoming events, especially in 1000 and 2000 level courses.
• Instructors can keep "Harvest Your Potential" punch cards in your department’s student reception area (ask CAA for them).
• Instructors can include information about "Harvest Your Potential" in individual advising sessions.
• Instructors can invite a professional staff member from Central Academic Advising to briefly speak to your classes about this series.
• Contact Central Academic Advising at 208-282-3277 with any questions about the "Harvest Your Potential" program or any other advising issues.
For more information contact Central Academic Advising at 282-3277 or firstname.lastname@example.org.