Posted January 4, 2012
The Idaho State University Office of Research will present the free workshop "Lab to Life" for researchers and entrepreneurs from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, Jan. 27, at the ISU Rendezvous Complex.
Technology industry executive and educator Rick Ritter will present the workshop based on Wendy Kennedy’s book "So what? who cares? why you™ The Inventor's Commercialization Toolkit." The event’s subtheme is "Turn Your Good Idea into a Great Opportunity."
The workshop is designed to show participants how to:
• Define the real burning problem that your idea solves
• Express your new and novel idea using concrete language
• Develop analogies and metaphors that visually express your idea
• Anchor where your idea fits in terms of market space and categories
• Brainstorm the different customer sets or segments that exist for your idea
• Use the power of three words to make your idea stand out from the crowd.
• Weave the output of the above tools into a clear and compelling business value proposition.
The workshop, which includes lunch, is designed for researchers, scientists, or technology entrepreneurs to help them interest investors and other business and research backers into their ideas. A well-constructed business proposition can help to increase the odds of success for inventors and researchers.
To RSVP for the event contact Sandy Shea at email@example.com or 208-282-2714 by Jan. 24.
More information on the event is available from Deb Easterly at 208-282-2618 or firstname.lastname@example.org.