Posted November 9, 2011
Idaho State University Armed Forces Veterans' Club events on Veterans Day Friday, Nov. 11, include the dedication of new memorials on the ISU Pocatello campus at Cadet Field beginning at 10:45 a.m. and at the Bennon Student Union at ISU-Idaho Falls at 2 p.m.
In Pocatello, ISU will dedicate a Veterans' Memorial at Cadet Field on Friday, Nov. 11, 2011, at 11:11 a.m. – a special date that occurs only once every 100 years.
This memorial will preserve veterans' history at ISU by consolidating all older memorials with the new one. The memorial will serve as a civic gathering point for all veterans in the region.
The Pocatello event will begin at 10:45 a.m. and will include:
• A presentation by the ISU ROTC Color Guard.
• Casey Santee, ISU Veterans' Sanctuary director, will give a brief overview of the significance of the occasion.
• Kale Bergeson, president of the Pocatello campus ISU Armed Forces Veterans’ Club, will speak on behalf of ISU student veterans.
• ISU President Arthur Valias will be the keynote speaker.
• The flag ceremony, featuring President Vailas, First Lady Laura Vailas, members of the ISU Armed Forces Veterans Club, and retired School District 25 music teacher Jim Keezer, who will be the bugler, will take place at 11:11 a.m.
• At 11:30 a.m., lunch will be provided to ISU students in the Rendezvous Complex, and music will be performed by Tony Rosario. Rosario is a former "A-list" Nashville studio musician and co-founder of the national Soldier Songs program.
Following the dedication on the Pocatello campus, the ISU Idaho Falls campus will have a Veterans' Memorial dedication at 2 p.m.
For more information on Pocatello campus events, please contact Tomarra Byington, ISU Veterans' Sanctuary events coordinator, or Casey Santee, Sanctuary director, at (208) 282-4298.
The Idaho State University-Idaho Falls chapter of the ISU Armed Forces Veterans Club will sponsor three Veterans Day events on Nov. 11, including a veterans' memorial dedication at 2 p.m. at the Bennion Student Building at University Place in Idaho Falls.
The Idaho Falls chapter has planned and worked on the memorial, which is scheduled for completion Nov. 10, for the last two years. It is located near the Bennion Student Union flagpole.
The public is invited to the dedication and to the Military Trivia Contest between the Pocatello and Idaho Falls chapters of the ISU Armed Forces Veterans Club, which will be held inside the Bennion Student Union following the dedication.
Preceding these events is a free lunch for students at ISU-Idaho Falls in the Bennion Student Union, which will feature a raffle for ISU students.
For more information on Idaho Falls events, contact Vincent McHenry, ISU-Idaho Falls Armed Forces Veterans Club chapter vice president, at email@example.com.