Posted April 27, 2011
ISU Coming Events, April 28-May 22
The Idaho State University Office of Marketing and Communications distributes this event calendar to let the public and media know about upcoming non-athletic events at the University. This information is intended for release in print and broadcast events calendars. Various events calendars with more complete information are available online at the website www.isu.edu/calendar. A copy of this release can also be accessed via ISU’s homepage at www.isu.edu. Information about ISU athletic events is available at www.isubengals.com. The area code for all phone numbers is 208 unless otherwise noted. The phone number for Marketing and Communications is 282-3620.
Thursday, April 28
· ISU Women’s Choir and Chamber Choir: The ISU Women’s Choir and Chamber Choir will perform from 7:30 to 9:15 p.m. in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall in the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $8 for adults, $6 for ISU faculty and staff, $4 for pre-college and free for ISU students. For more information visit www.isu.edu/stephens/ or call 282-3595.
Friday, April 29
· Take Back the Night: Celebrating the strength of women, come support this event at 6 p.m. at the Bannock County Courthouse (624 E. Center). A march will lead to the Hutchinson Quad where dinner, speakers and a raffle will be presented.
· ISU Bands: The ISU Bands will perform in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall in the Stephens Performing Arts Center from 7:30 to 9:15 p.m. Tickets are $8 for adults, $6 for ISU faculty and staff, $4 for pre-college and free for ISU students. Children under 6 will not be admitted to the concert. For more information visit www.isu.edu/stephens/ or call 282-3595.
Thursday, May 5
· Black Rock & Sage Launch Party: Join the launch party from 5:30 to 7 p.m. in the Bengal Café of the ISU Pond Student Union and celebrate the release of the new issue of the ISU literary journal “Black Rock & Sage.” BR&S welcomes contributors' family and friends, along with anyone one else who appreciates excellent creative works. Enjoy a rapid-fire reading by contributing authors, refreshments, and the opportunity to be a part of ISU's creative community. For more information visit www.isu.edu/blackrock.
Friday, May 6
· Graduate Salute “March through the Arch”: President Arthur Vailas and the ISU Alumni Association invite the graduating class of 2011 to the Graduate Salute. Taking place on the south side of ISU Swanson Arch at noon, come enjoy the traditional "March through the Arch." Afterwards, a meeting on the lawn next to Frazier Hall will provide food, fun and activities. For more information, please call 282-4798 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, May 7
· Commencement: Congratulations December and May graduates 10 a.m. Holt Arena.
Monday, May 9
· ISU-Meridian Commencement: 6:30 p.m. at the Boise Center.
Friday, May 13
· Maternal Health & Resource Fair: This event is located in the ISU Pond Student Ballroom from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Keynote speaker, Randi Hutter Epstein will be speaking at noon on “A Romp Through the History of Childbirth from Eve to Egg Freezing.” This event is free and open to the public. For more information visit www.isu.edu/andersoncenter.
Monday, May 16
· Summer Term Begins
Friday, May 20-21
· Women’s Health Leadership Summit: All pre-registered high school junior girls are invited to attend the overnight ISU Women’s Health Leadership Summit from May 20 to May 21. The conference is free and begins at 8:30 a.m. on Friday and check out is at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday. Attendees will enjoy planned programs and activities and receive program materials, meals and snacks, and an overnight stay in ISU housing. A complete schedule of events is available at www.isu.edu/andersoncenter or by calling 282-2805.
Sunday, May 22
· Jeff Dunham- Identity Crisis: Famous comedian and ventriloquist, Jeff Dunham will perform at the ISU Holt Arena at 5 p.m. Tickets are $46.50 each plus convenience and facility fees. Tickets may be purchased in person at the Holt Arena Ticket office, online, by phone or at the Vickers Store in Pocatello or Idaho Falls. For more information visit www.isu.edu/tickets or www.jeffdunham.com.