Posted November 1, 2010
ISU Coming Events
The Idaho State University Office of Marketing and Communications distributes this event calendar to let the public and media know about upcoming non-athletic events at the University. This information is intended for release in print and broadcast events calendars. Various events calendars with more complete information are available online at the website www.isu.edu/calendar. A copy of this release can also be accessed via ISU’s homepage at www.isu.edu. Information about ISU athletic events is available at www.isubengals.com. The area code for all phone numbers is 208 unless otherwise noted. The phone number for Marketing and Communications is 282-3620.
Friday, Oct. 29-Sunday, Oct. 31
· Pocatello Snow Expo Ski Swap: Earn money by selling your used skis, clothes or equipment Friday, Oct. 29, 6-10 p.m.; Saturday, Oct. 30, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; and Sunday, Oct. 31, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., in the Pond Student Union Ballroom. For more information, call CW HOG office at 282-3912.
Saturday, Oct. 30
· SPTA Kostume 5k Fun Run/Walk: The ISU SPTA is holding their first ever Kostume 5k Fun Run/Walk at BArtz Field on Oct. 30. Registration begins at 8 a.m. and the event will start at 9 a.m. There will also be kids races shorter distances that begin around 10 a.m. Participants are encouraged but not required to wear costumes. No masks that cover the mouth or eyes will be allowed during the race. Tickets are $5. For more information email Tyler Stucki at firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, Oct. 30-Sunday, Oct. 31
· Poky Spin-a-thon: This series of indoor cycling classes led by certified spinning instructors supports the Idaho Condor Nutrition Team, The Pocatello Food Bank and numerous ISU Clubs. It will be held in Reed Gym’s Spinning Room on Saturday, Oct. 30 and 31, 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Cost of admission is $5 and five cans of food for the first session, then $5 or five cans of food for additional sessions. For more information, contact Cathryn Erickson at email@example.com or 890-4267.
Wednesday, Nov. 3
· 2nd Annual Crab Feed: On Wednesday, Nov. 3, 6-10 p.m. there will be an all you can eat Dungeness crab feed in support of ISU Women’s Basketball in the Student Union Ballroom. Cost is $30 and also includes beverages, Buddy’s salad, Texas Roadhouse rolls and a side dish.
Thursday, Nov. 4
· Transgender Day of Remembrance: On Thursday, Nov. 4, the ISU Janet C. Anderson Gender Resource Center will host Dr. Peter Boag for Transgender Day of Remembrance in the Salmon River Suite of the Pond Student Union Building. This event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact the Anderson Center at 282-2805.
Saturday, Nov. 6
· CW HOG Annual Showing of Warren Miller Ski Movie: The ISU Cooperative Wilderness Handicapped Outdoor Group (CW HOG) will present the annual Warren Miller ski movie and 1, 7 and 9: 30 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 6 in the Pond Student Union Theater. This Miller movie is titled “Wintervention.” Proceeds support the CW HOG program. Ticket prices are $9 in advance and $11 at the door, except for the 1 p.m. matinee, which is $7. Tickets are available at the CW HOG office, Snow Expo Ski/Swap, Scott’s Ski & Sports and Barrie’s Sports. For more information, call 282-3921
Thursday, Nov. 11
· Veterans Day Celebration: The ISU-Idaho Falls Armed Forces Club will host a Veterans Day celebration at University Place on the Idaho Falls campus. Some of the events include a flag ceremony by the Idaho National Guard, flyovers by F-14 jets from the Mountain Home Air Force Base, a dinner for veterans and a showing of the movie “Restrepo.” For more information about this event or to reserve seats for the dinner or movie, contact ISU-Idaho Falls Armed Forces Veterans Club President Dustin Mortimer at 282-7855 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, Nov. 12
· Idaho State Civic Symphony presents Sea Pictures: The Idaho State Civic Symphony will perform a concert themed “Sea Pictures” on Friday, Nov. 12 at 7:30 p.m. To order tickets by phone or for more information, call the Symphony Office at 234-1587 or the Stephens Performing Arts Center Box Office at 282-3595. Tickets can also be purchased online at email@example.com.
· ISU Women’s Club Holiday Fair: The ISU Women’s Club will hold their annual Holiday Fair on Friday, Nov. 12, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at the Pond Student Union Ballroom. Free parking will be available at the Student Union. Lunch will be available. All proceeds support the ISU Women’s Club Scholarship Fund. For more information, contact Nichole Herter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, Nov. 12; Saturday, Nov. 13; Thursday, Nov. 18; Friday, Nov. 19; Saturday, Nov. 20
· Cabaret-The Musical: The ISU Theater Department will perform Cabaret-The Musical Friday, Nov. 12; Saturday, Nov. 13; Thursday, Nov. 18; Friday, Nov. 19; and Saturday, Nov. 20, 7:30-9:30 p.m. in the Beverly B. Bistline Theater. For more information, call 282-3173 or go to www.isu.edu/departments/theadanc.
Saturday, Nov. 13
· Blue Suede Shoes – The Ultimate Elvis Experience: Scot Bruce (as Elvis during the early part of his career) and Mike Albert (as Elvis during his Vegas years) team up in a tribute to the “King of Rock and Roll.” Tickets are $32 (lower level) and $28 (upper level). For ticket information call 282-3535 or visit www.isu.edu/tickets.
Wednesday, Nov. 17
· World GIS Day: In celebration of World GIS Day, Idaho State University will be holding the 6th annual chili cook-off, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. There will be door prizes, GIS demos and presentations and a raffle. There is no cost to register and it is hosted by GIS Training and Research Center. The event will be held in Rendezvous Complex, suites A, B and C. For more information, call 282-3606.
Thursday, Nov. 18-Saturday, Nov. 20
· Cabaret-The Musical: The ISU theater department will perform “Cabaret-The Musical” in the Beverly B. Bistline Theater of the L. E. and Thelma E. Stephens Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $7 (upper level) and $15 (lower level). This production is for all ages and starts at 7:30 for all three showings. For more information, call 282-3173 or visit www.idu.edu/departments/theadanc.
Saturday, Nov. 20
· Rodney Carrington LIVE!: Comedian Rodney Carrington will perform in the Jenson Gran Concert Hall of the Stephens Performing Arts Center on Saturday, Nov. 20, at 7 and 9:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased online at www.isu.edu/tickets, by calling 282-3595, or at Stephens Performing Arts Center or Vickers Western Wear in Pocatello or Idaho Falls. This event is assigned seating. If a specific seat or wheelchair access is required, please call the Box Office to order Tickets. Each ticket includes a $2 tax-deductible donation to the Rodney Carrington Foundation. Tickets are $48.75.
Friday, Dec. 3
· ISU Choir Holiday Concert: All ISU choirs will perform a Holiday Concert in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall of the Stephens Performing Arts Center, 7:30-9:30 p.m. Tickets are free for ISU students, $8 for general admission, $6 for ISU faculty and staff, and $4 for pre-college. For ticket information call, 282-3595.