Posted September 15, 2010
Idaho State University undergraduate and graduate students can enter a contest to create the design for this year’s ISU holiday card. The contest winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship, the runner up a $500 scholarship.
The deadline for entries is 5 p.m. Oct. 11 and the winning selection will be announced by Oct. 15. Entrants should try to capture the spirit and beauty of the holiday season, while thematically incorporating ISU. The winning entry will appear on the University holiday card, which is sent to thousands of University family members and supporters.
Contest rules are:
• Entries must be a drawing or painting. No photographs or computer-generated design. Acceptable mediums include, but are not limited to, watercolor, oil, acrylic, pastel.
• No black and white entries will be accepted.
• Art can be vertical or horizontal 16”x10.5”.
• Contest is open to all ISU graduate and undergraduate students, both part time and full time.
• Entering an art piece allows ISU to use all images in print and/or on the Web.
• The winning entry will be announced by 5 p.m. Oct. 15 and becomes property of ISU. The University reserves the right to abstain from selecting a winner if entries do not meet quality standards.
All entries must be turned in to the President’s Office by 5 p.m. on Oct. 11. No entries will be accepted after that time. All entries, except the winning entry, can be picked up in the President’s Office between Oct. 15 and Oct. 29. All entries not picked up by Oct. 29 become the property of Idaho State University.
For more information, contact the ISU President’s Office at (208) 282-4798, or e-mail email@example.com with any questions.