Posted March 29, 2010
ISU Coming Events
The Idaho State University Office of University Relations distributes this events calendar to let the media and public know about upcoming non-athletic events at the University. This information is intended for release in print and broadcast events calendars. Various events calendars with more complete information are available online at the Web site www.isu.edu/calendar. A copy of this release can also be accessed via ISU’s home page at www.isu.edu. Information about ISU athletic events is available at http://isubengals.cstv.com/. The area code for all phone numbers is 208 unless otherwise noted. The phone number for University Relations is 282-3620.
Wednesday, March 31
• Lecture “Mormon Families Since World War II”: The Idaho State University Women's Studies Program will present this lecture by noted Mormon scholar Jan Shipps at 7:30 p.m. March 31 in Goranson Hall in the ISU Fine Arts Building. Shipps, an award-winning professor emeritus of history and religious studies in the Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) School of Liberal Arts, is a popular lecturer as well as seminar leader.
Thursday, April 1
• The Idaho State University Family Medicine Residency Program Medicine Ball: The Medicine Ball benefitting “excellence in health care” will be held Thursday, 6:30 p.m. in the ISU Holt Arena. Dining and entertainment options include: 6 p.m., fine dining at “Canopy Restaurant” by Chartwells, $100 per person; 6:30 p.m., casual dining at “Tavern on the Turf,” $35 per person; and/or 8 p.m., dessert and dancing at “Cookie Places,” $10 per person. For more event and ticket information visit the website www.isu.edu/medicineball. E-mail Michele Pond-Bell at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 233-3545.
Friday April 2, and Saturday, April 3
• The Idaho State University Bengal Dancers: The ISU Bengal Dancers will host a Spring Dance Showcase at 7 p.m. on Friday, April 2, and Saturday, April 3, in the Diane and Chick Bilyeu Theatre in Frazier Hall. The evening of dance will include various styles including jazz, lyrical, hip-hop, contemporary, tap and ballet. Local dance groups and Danson, Idaho State University’s student dance club, will join the event as guest performers. Tickets are $5 at the door. For more information contact Hilary Johnson at 282-4547 or email@example.com.
Friday, April 2
• ISU Jazz Bands: The ISU Jazz band will perform on Friday, April 2, at 7:30 p.m. at Joseph C. and Cheryl H. Jensen Grande Concert Hall in the L.E. and Thelma E. Stephens Performing Arts Center. Ticket prices are: $6 for adults, $4 for ISU faculty and staff, $2 for prospective students, and free for current ISU Students. Concert for guests ages 7 and older only. For tickets visit www.isu.edu/tickets, or call the Stephens Center Box Office at 282-3595.
Saturday, April 3
• Faculty Recital: Kori Bond, piano, and Mark Neiwirth, piano: Faculty Recital featuring Kori Bond and Mark Neiwirth will perform Saturday, April 3, at 7:30 p.m., at the Jensen Grand Concert Hall in the L.E. and Thelma E. Stephens Performing Arts Center. Ticket prices are: $8 for Adults, $5 for ISU Faculty and Staff, $3 for prospective students, and free for current ISU students. Concert for guests age 7 and older only. For tickets visit www.isu.edu/tickets, or call the Stephens Center Box Office at 282-3595.
Tuesday, April 6
• Concert Band Festival: The Concert Band Festival will be at the Jensen Grand Concert Hall in the Stephens Performing Arts Center on Tuesday, April 6. It is a daytime event and admission is free. For more information visit www.isu.edu/tickets, or call the Stephens Center Box Office at 282-3595.
Friday April 9
• Kasiska College of Health Professions Research Day: The 21st annual KCHP Research Day will be held Friday, April 9, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the ISU Pond Student Union in Pocatello and at ISU-Meridian Health Science Center at 1311 E. Central Drive in Meridian, just north of I-84 between Eagle and Meridian roads. A distance-learning broadcast will simultaneously connect each campus to accommodate the event. This year’s theme is "Communities and KCHP: Advancing Idaho Health Care Together." For more information contact David Talford at 373-1808 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.isu.edu/kchp/research/researchday.shtml.
Friday April 9-10, 12, 16-17
• “The Threepenny Opera” at ISU: ISU Theater/Dance and the Department of Music will perform this classical Bertolt Brecht and Kurt Weill musical at the Stephens Performing Arts Center at 7:30 p.m. April 9-10, 12, 16-17 in the Beverly B. Bistine Theatre. Ticket prices are $14 for adults; $8 for children ages 6-12; and $5 for ISU students w/Bengal card. Tickets are available at the Stephens Performing Arts Center Box Office at 282-3595, or visit www.isu.edu/tickets, or visit Vickers Western Stores in Pocatello and Idaho Falls. For more information, contact Erin Joy, Box Office Manager at 282-6452.
Saturday, April 10
• Mini-Golf at Idaho State University: The ISU Oboler Library will host an 18-hole, mini-golf, fundraising event Saturday, April 10, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Students, faculty, staff and friends are invited to attend. The cost is $5 per person, $20 for a family and $20 for a team of four. The fundraiser is for additional support of the library and its services. Prizes will be awarded, refreshments will be available, and a bake sale will be held. For more information visit the Oboler Library webpage at www.isu.edu/library/.
Saturday, April 10
• Black Rock and Sage Spring Write-a-thon: The students’ arts journal Black Rock and Sage of the ISU English department will host a write-a-thon Saturday, April 10, from 1 to 4 p.m., in the Rendezvous Complex, Room 213. For more information visit http://isu.edu/blackrock/.
• ISU Science Saturday: The Idaho State University Department of Physics and the Idaho Museum of Natural History will host its Saturday Science presentation from 1 to 2:30 p.m. on April 10. The interactive presentation, designed for children in the third through the fifth grades, will explore the use of magnets, electro-magnetism and their relationships with electricity in everyday life. Registration for the event is $20. Register in person at the Idaho Museum of Natural History or by mail through April 8. To register by mail, download an application from “Science Saturday” at http://imnh.isu.edu. For more information, contact Rebecca A. Thorne-Ferrel at 282-2195.
Friday, April 16
• Science Trek 2010: Idaho State University and the Idaho Museum of Natural History will present a night of scientific exploration with Science Trek 2010 on Friday, April 16, at 6 p.m. at the Museum on the Pocatello ISU campus. The Science Trek is an overnight, stay-at-the-museum experience for third through fifth graders. Pre-registration for Science Trek 2010 is required. Registration deadline is March 26. The Idaho State Museum of Natural History accepts walk-in registration. For online registration forms visit http://imnh.isu.edu. For additional information or questions contact Rebecca A. Thorne-Ferrel at 282-2195, or at email@example.com. Check-in for registered participants starts on April 16 at 6 p.m.
Saturday, April 17
• “Bengals Rock and Roll” 30th annual Bengal Foundation Auction: The Bengal Foundation will hold a public auction Saturday, April 17, at 5:30 p.m. at Phil Meador’s Courtesy Ford. A silent auction will begin at 5:00 p.m., with a public dinner served at 7 p.m., and the main auction event starts at 8 p.m. Dinner tickets for singles and groups up to 8-10 are available. Proceeds from the auction will benefit student athletic scholarships at Idaho State University.
Saturday, April 24
• Rave On! The Buddy Holly Experience: This concert will begin at 7:30 p.m. at the Jensen Grand Concert Hall in the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Tickets are $24 for lower level seating and $20 for upper level seating. To purchase tickets call the Stephens Performing Arts Center Box Office at 282-3595 or visit www.idahostatetickets.com.
Friday, April 30 and Saturday, May 1
• Idaho State Civic Symphony Concert: The 75th Anniversary Concert "A Gift to the Community" will be performed Friday, April 30, at 7:30 p.m. in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall in the Stephens Performing Arts Center. Visit www.thesymphony.us or call Sue Parker at 234-1587 for more information.
Saturday, May 8
• Idaho State University Graduation Commencement Ceremony 2010: ISU will hold commencement ceremony for the graduating, ISU Class of 2010 on Saturday, May 8, at 10 a.m., in Holt Arena.