Posted October 10, 2008
Idaho State University’s Homecoming 2008 with the theme “Crush” will feature a variety of events culminating with a Homecoming Parade at 10 a.m. and football game at 6:35 p.m. on Oct. 18.
“We invite the entire community to help celebrate Homecoming through the variety of events offered,” said Bill Kobus, director of Alumni Relations. “Help us celebrate by attending the parade, the pre-game tailgate party outside Holt Arena, and finally by attending the football game to cheer on our Bengals.”
For information on Alumni Relations events call (208) 282-3755 or send an e-mail to email@example.com. For information on ASISU events contact the ISU Involvement Center at (208) 282-3451.
ISU Alumni Association and Associated Students of ISU events planned include:
• Alumni Art Show – It opened Oct. 6 and will run through Oct. 23 in the Transition Art Gallery in the Pond Student Union Building and in the Mind’s Eye Art Gallery in the Rendezvous Complex.
• ASISU Spirit Log Hunt – Begins 10 a.m. Monday, Oct. 13, at the Involvement Center in the lower level of the Pond Student Union Building.
• ASISU Street Painting – Begins at 6 p.m. Oct. 13, in the PSUB parking lot.
• ASISU Salsa Competition – Begins at noon Tuesday, Oct. 14, in the Rendezvous Complex.
• ASISU Powder-Puff Football Game – Begins 5 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 14, at the ISU Rugby Field on Bartz Field.
• ASISU Bonfire/Spirit Rally – Begins at 8 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 14, at Bartz Field.
• ASISU Arm Wrestling Competition – Begins at noon Wednesday, Oct. 15, in the College of Technology Roy F. Christensen Building.
• ASISU Guitars Unplugged contest – Begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 15 in the Pond Student Union Building Ballroom.
• ASISU Car Crush – Begins at noon Thursday, Oct. 16, at Cadet Field located between Reed Gymnasium and the Rendezvous Complex.
• ASISU Homecoming Royalty Pageant – Begins at 7 p.m. Oct. 16, PSUB Ballroom.
• Grapes and Growls Wine/Beer Tasting Event – It will run from 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 16, in the Pinehurst Nursery & Floral, 4101 Pole Line Road, Pocatello. Non-alcoholic drinks, special hors d’oeuvres, other food and live music will be available. A $20 entry fee includes beverages, food and souvenir wine glass. For information or to RSVP contact the Office of Alumni Relations at (208) 282-3755 or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Golden Bengals Campus Bus Tour – The tour will be held Friday, Oct. 17, beginning at 10:30 a.m. The bus departs from the Pond Student Union Building. To make reservations, contact the Alumni Association at (800) 933-4781 or (208) 282-3755.
• Founder’s Luncheon – The event begins at 11:45 p.m. Friday, Oct. 17 in the PSUB Wood River Room. To RSVP contact the Alumni Association at (800) 933-4781 or (208) 282-3755, or e-mail email@example.com.
• Med-Alert Ambulance Service Reunion – Former Med-Alert employees and friends are invited to attend a Med-Alert Ambulance Service reunion Oct. 17 and 18. Former employee or friends of Med-Alert, St. Anthony’s Hospital, or Bannock Memorial Hospital or acquaintances of the ambulance crew are invited. For more information, contact W. Brent Eaton by calling (208) 870-7333 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Past Alumni Board Presidents’ Reception – The reception is scheduled Friday, Oct. 17, at 6 p.m. at the Pocatello Red Lion Hotel. For information or to RSVP for this event contact Alumni Relations at (208) 282-3755 or e-mail email@example.com.
• President’s Alumni Recognition Reception and Dinner – The reception will begin at 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 17, at the Red Lion Hotel’s Main Ballroom. For information or to RSVP for this event contact Alumni Relations at (208) 282-3755 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Secondhand Serenade Concert with opening band Spondee – ASISU concert begins at 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 17, in the PSUB Ballroom. Ticket prices are $15 for students and $25 for general public. Student tickets only are available at the PSUB Information Desk and at the Idaho Falls Bennion Student Union Information Desk. For more info, call 282-3451.
• A reunion of the “founding” of Sigma Phi Epsilon at ISU will be Oct. 17-19. Currently, 75 brothers and their wifes have signed up to attend, and registration is still open. For more information about reunion activities, contact Jim Liday at (208) 237-8014 or email@example.com; or Bob Lehmann at (406) 543-8798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Homecoming Parade – Begins at 10 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 18, at the corner of Center Street and First Avenue and ends at the Holt Arena parking lot.
• Homecoming 2008 Football Game – The ISU versus Northern Arizona game starts at 6:35 p.m. in the Holt Arena. Homecoming 2008 Alumni Award Recipients will receive their awards at half time. A tailgate party will begin at 5 p.m. in the Holt Arena parking lot. Tickets can be purchased at (208) 282-FANS or online at www.isu.edu/tickets.