Posted March 24, 2008
ISU Coming Events:
The Idaho State University Office of University Relations distributes this events calendar to let the media and public know about upcoming non-athletic events at the University. This information is intended to be released in print and broadcast events calendars. Various events calendars with more complete information are available online at the Web site www.isu.edu/calendar_news.shtml. A copy of this release can also be accessed via ISU’s home page at www.isu.edu. Information about ISU athletic events is available at http://isubengals.cstv.com/. The area code for all phone numbers is 208 unless otherwise noted. The phone number for University Relations is 282-3620.
Monday, March 24, to Friday, March 28
• Spring Break: No classes.
Wednesday, March 26
• Chemical, Biological and Natural Disaster Training: “Medical Management of Bio-terrorism Casualties” presented by COL. Ted Cieslak, MD, Department of Defense Liaison Officer, Center for Disease Control and Prevention. From 1 to 3 p.m. at ISU’s Oboler Library, room VA 117, and various locations throughout Idaho. Pre-registration is required. For more information call 282-4436.
Monday, March 31
• Pocatello Music Club Scholarship Auditions: Vocal auditions will be in Goranson Hall at 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, April 1
• Gender Book Club Meeting: “Still Alive: A Holocaust Girlhood Remembered” by Ruth Kluger. Meeting starts at 5:30 p.m. at Main Street Coffee and News. This meeting is open to men and women. Participants must bring their own copy of the book. For more information, call 282-2805.
Wednesday, April 2
• Pocatello Music Club Scholarship Auditions: Instrumental auditions will be in Goranson Hall at 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, April 3 and Friday, April 4
• ISU’s Bengal Dancers: Spring Dance Concert: Performance begins at 7:00pm in Frazier auditorium. Tickets are $5 at the door. For more information, contact Hilary Hofmaier at 282-4547 or email@example.com.
Friday, April 4 and Saturday, April 5
• Oboler Library Used Book Sale: Event is from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday and from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday at the library’s student lounge. For more information, contact Cheryl Sebold at 282-3246 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, April 10
• High School Concert Band Festival: Concert is all day in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall. For more information, call 282-3636.
Friday, April 11
• Russia’s White Night: This cultural event features food, music and dancing. Begins at 6:30 p.m. in the Pond Student Union Building Wood River Room. Tickets may be purchased in the PSUB lobby from March 31 through April 11, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more information, contact Susan Schaefer at 403-3578 or email@example.com.
• ISU’s Graduate Student Council – 2nd Friday: 2nd Fridays are hosted by graduate students for graduate students. Meeting is from 4 to 5:30 p.m. at the Pocatello campus, Rendezvous Suite, on the first floor next to the Spirit room. For more information, contact Michael Livingston at firstname.lastname@example.org or Cynthia Pemberton at email@example.com.
• ISU Jazz Band: Concert begins at 7:30 p.m. in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall. ISU students are admitted free with a Bengal card. Tickets are available at the Stephens Performing Arts Center box office. For information, call 282-3636.
Saturday, April 12
• Theatre/Dance ISU Presents An Evening of Modern Dance: The concert features the collaborative work of Angie Zielinski (ISU Art & Pre-Architecture), Jessie Young (independent artist from Seattle), Shannon Mockli (independent artist from Salt Lake City) and Rosa Vissers (ISU Theatre/Dance). Performance begins at 7:30 p.m. in the Stephens Performing Arts Center. For more information, contact Erin Joy at 282-6452.
Wednesday, April 16
• A Season of Note: Imago Theatre ‘Frogz’: Performance begins at 7:30 p.m. in the Jensen Grand Concert Hall. Tickets are available at the Stephens Performing Arts Center box office. For information, call 282-3636.
Friday, April 18 and Saturday, April 19
• Theatre ISU Presents Pippin: Performance begins at 7:30 p.m. in the Bistline theatre. Tickets may be purchased at the Stephens Performing Arts Center box office. For more information, call 282-3595.
Monday, April 21
• ISU Student Chamber Music Night: Performance is in Goranson Hall. Admission is free. For more information, call 282-3636.