Identification of Funding Sources
The Office of Sponsored Programs at ISU maintains a library of materials related to funding support. Information may be checked out on request. Sources include such items as:
- the Federal Register
- federal, private corporation, and foundation directories
- the Directory of Idaho Foundations
- numerous newsletters and reports (including but not limited to):
- books on grantsmanship
Distribution of Funding Information to Faculty
Sponsored Program's staff communicate information to faculty about funding opportunities via:
- a monthly newsletter called the UPDATE (Adobe PDF)
- mailings to individual faculty members with information relevant to their research interests
- personalized computer searches upon request
Proposal Processing and Record Maintenance
The Office of Sponsored Programs maintains records on all proposals submitted to and awarded from outside agencies. ISU requires that all proposals be submitted to the Office of Sponsored Programs for review and approval prior to submission to an external source. Details on how to submit a proposal are here.
Award Processing and Agreement Negotiations
The Office of Sponsored Programs processes all grants, contracts, awards, and affiliation agreements and is available to assist with agreement negotiations. All agreements require institutional approval and must be submitted to the Office of Sponsored Programs.
The Office of Sponsored Programs provides reports on proposal submissions and awards by investigator, department, college, or funding agency upon request.
Sponsored Programs staff is available to provide proposal workshops on request.