Current ISU Rates
Indirect Cost Rates
- Projects with agencies of the FEDERAL government:
47% of salaries and wages for work on campus
22.6% of salaries and wages for work off campus
*See a copy of the DHHS Indirect Cost Rate Agreement dated April 25, 2012.
- Projects with agencies of the STATE of Idaho:
20% of total direct costs
- Projects with Idaho municipal, county, health districts, and
other public non-profit agencies:
20% of total direct costs
Projects with PRIVATE entities; profit and non-profit:
The Federal rate OR 25% of total direct cost, whichever is more
- NOTE: Any deviation from these standard rates must be approved through the Office of Sponsored Programs. The Principal Investigator must provide a written statement from any agency that limits indirect costs.
Fringe Benefit Rates
Fringe benefits are applied to all University personnel salaries and wages. They are direct charges which cover such items as Social Security, worker’s compensation, unemployment payments and retirement programs.
- 21% of salaries and wages for all full-time employees
- 8.9% of salaries and wages for all part-time employees (Part-time employees are those who work less than 50% time on all combined ISU projects. Students are most often considered part-time employees.)
- $713 per month ($8550 per year) for 2012-2013 insurance. Please increase by 10% for subsequent years. NOTE: Insurance is required when an individual works 50% time or more on all combined ISU projects. (Insurance is built into budgets in various ways, depending on the nature of an individual's employment at ISU. For a full explanation and guidance on including health insurance in your budget, please contact the Office of Sponsored Programs.)
Graduate Student Tuition and Fees
Rates for 2012-2013 (These rates include student health insurance.) Please increase by 7% for each future year.
- $4,500 per semester for in-state students ($3575 per semester + $925 insurance) (Part-time = $358 per credit)
- $10,400 per semester for out-of-state students ($9475 per semester + $925 insurance) (Part-time = $548 per credit)
- Mileage $.55.5 per mile driven - when using personal vehicle - effective July 1st, 2012 (Corresponds with the current federal rate set by the Internal Revenue Service.)
- In-State meals $30 per day
- Out-of-State meals $30 per day or Federal IRS Rate
All of the above information can also be found on the Office of Sponsored Programs Reference Card, provided each fall to faculty and staff. If you would like a copy of the reference card, visit http://www.isu.edu/grants/Refcard2012.pdf or contact Kay Holm, x2592.