- Final Program of Study Form
- Must be turned into the Graduate School one semester prior to intended semester of graduation (see Dates and Deadlines).
- A fee of $20.00 will be assessed to all applications. Please submit payments online via BengalWeb. The fee must be paid prior to graduation (see Dates and Deadlines).
- Deadline varies by department. Must be completed before final oral defense (see Graduate Catalog).
- Thesis/dissertation copies in substantially final form shall be in the hands of the examining committee at least 2 weeks prior to the date scheduled for the oral examination.
- Must be held no later than 3 weeks prior to graduation (see Dates and Deadlines).
- An oral notification of the exam must be submitted to the Graduate School no later than one week prior to the exam.
- Originally signed signature pages and electronic submission of the thesis/dissertation are due in the Graduate School 2 weeks following the successful defense. Please refer to the Thesis-Dissertation Instructions to ensure your paper meets formatting guidelines.
- Thesis Clearance
The student must submit to the Graduate School the following items two (2) weeks following the final oral examination.
1. One pdf version of your thesis.
2. One originally signed Use Authorization page.
3. One originally signed committee approval page.
- Dissertation Clearance
1. One pdf version of your dissertation.
2. Confirmation of electronic submission of the Survey of Earned Doctorates. All research-based doctoral candidates and EdDs are required to submit the survey on-line at: https://sed-ncses.org
3. One originally signed Use Authorization page.
4. One originally signed committee approval page.
- Thesis Clearance
- Must be received by the Registrar’s Office 2 weeks after the semester ends.
- Official transcripts to be used for transfer of credits from other institutions to apply to a degree program at Idaho State University must be received in the Graduate School at the completion of the course, or 2 weeks after the semester ends, whichever comes first.
- Information packets are available and can be picked up at the following locations: the ISU Bookstore, Registration and Records, and the Graduate School. For other information concerning caps and gowns, contact the ISU Bookstore at (208) 282-3237.
If you do not complete requirements for the intended graduation date, you must update your application information with the Graduate School.