Cultural Affairs Council
Wednesday, September 8, 2004
Attendance: Rudy Kovacs (Chair), David Adler, Alok Bhushan, Kristin Calley (Secretary), Dante Cantrill, Beverly Ray, Jenny Semenza.
Excused: Leo J. Herrmann, Bonnie Frantz
I. Idaho Humanities Council Grant:
· RK in collaboration with DC, completed the grant application to the Idaho Humanities Council requesting $3500.00 to help support Terry Gross's presentation on April 20, 2005. Terry Gross is the radio host of the nationally syndicated talk show "Fresh Air."
II. George Winston Concert:
· George Winston will be at Idaho State University on Monday, February 7, 2005. The cost for the performance is $5000.00. He will provide one performance at 8:00 p.m. Ticket prices will be $8.00 for ISU faculty/staff and $10.00 for the general public. Sales from tapes/CD's will go toward the Pocatello Food Bank.
III. Mini Grants – 2004-2005:
· MSC to approve Dr. Jennifer Attebery's mini grant request to change original speaker from Mark Fiege to Greg Smoak, Colorado State University, a specialist in the history of the Ghost Dance at Fort Hall.
IV. New Business
· Speaker suggestion Chris Mathews, host of NBC television show. DA will investigate speaker honorarium.
V. Meeting Times:
· Next meeting will be Wednesday, December 1 at 2:00 p.m.
· Deadline for Mini Grant proposals will be determined.
Kristin H. Calley, Secretary
Rudy Kovacs, Chair