The Council for Teaching and Learning was temporarily suspended by the State Board of Education (SBOE) on 2/17/2011 until such time as a new Faculty Constitution and new Faculty Senate Bylaws are approved and implemented.
The Council for Teaching and Learning is responsible for recommending university policy concerning student and faculty teaching and learning at Idaho State University. The Council oversees student outcomes assessment activities to ensure that this purpose is fulfilled.
Areas of concern:
- Development, coordination, and implementation of university-wide assessment programs
- Advice and support to colleges and departments in the development of programs to assess and improve student learning
- Advice and support to faculty in the development of projects to improve teaching and learning
- Assistance to the Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning in determining what assessment results will be used to satisfy requests for accountability from external agencies
- Promotion of discussion and dissemination of information about teaching and learning