The Academic Standards Council was temporarily suspended by the State Board of Education (SBOE) on 2/17/2011 until such time as a new Faculty Constitution and Faculty Senate are approved and implemented.
The Academic Standards Council is responsible for recommending university policy and procedures pertaining to academic standards for admission, progression, and the granting of degrees and certificates.
Areas of Concern:
- Advising and Retention
- Academic Standards
- Scholastic Appeals
- Admission and Progression Requirements
- Honors Programs and Societies
- Advanced Standing and Placement
- Evaluation of Transfer Policies
- Standard for Award of ISU Credit
- Academic Dishonesty Board
- Scholastic Appeals Board