About the Department of Languages and Literatures
The Department of Languages and Literatures, housed in the College of Arts and Letters, promotes:
- global understanding of languages, literatures, and civilizations
- provides intercultural communication skills necessary for success in a wide variety of fields
- prepares future professionals and educators.
Our diverse and challenging programs provide the expertise necessary to flourish in an increasingly competitive and complex global society and economy both inside the United States and beyond its borders. We prepare students to:
- become involved citizens of a multicultural nation
- adopt a global perspective that allows them to think critically
- solve problems creatively.
We offer students traditional, distance, and online opportunities to study foreign languages, exploiting the most current technological and digital resources to deliver all of our courses. The broad grounding in language, literature, and culture our department offers combines well with programs in other fields such as Health Care, Computer Science, Political Science, Business, Anthropology, English, Law Enforcement, International Studies, and Education.
Department of Languages and Literatures
Idaho State University
921 S. 8th Ave. Stop 8067
Pocatello, ID 83209