Finance and Administration Registration Holds
Students have a hold placed on registration for current and future semesters if they have outstanding past due debts or charges owed to the University or outstanding issues that need to be resolved before enrollment.
Accounts Receivable Registration Holds
The Accounts Receivable Hold is placed on a student to require that certain actions be taken by the student before enrollment. When the required action has been completed by the student, the hold will be lifted.
Generally, Accounts Receivable Registration Holds fall into one of the following categories:
- Accounts referred to a collection agency (call 282-3898).
- Federal Perkins Loan problems or issues (call 282-2292).
- Federal Pell assigned to collection (call 282-3898).
- Registration for the sole purpose of acquiring University services (282-3935).
Account Balance Registration Holds
Students have a hold placed on registration for current and future semesters if they have charges or debts owed to the University that are past due.
This hold is set periodically, but removed automatically as the student account balance is satisfied by either a student payment, an adjustment of charges, an exemption (such as a student insurance waiver), a third-party contract payment, or a financial aid or scholarship disbursement. Students are expected to pay outstanding charges when due and should periodically review their account on BengalWeb and take care of any charges added by registration adjustments, fines assessed, computer user accounts added, etc. Account balance holds will be cleared automatically if the past due amount is paid in full.
Generally, Finance and Administration Account Balance Registration Holds fall into one of the following categories:
- All current or prior outstanding charges which are past due. This includes tuition, fees, student insurance, fines, transcript fees, housing, meals, short-term loans, etc.
- Current semester Installment Payment Plans in default.
- Past due charges on installment payment plan participants which are not covered by the installment plan.
If you feel the Account Balance Registration Hold has been placed in error, please call 282-3000.
Some situations are exempted from Account Balance Registration Holds:
- Fees covered by an active (not in default) Installment Payment Plan set up at the beginning of the term. The installment payment plan includes tuition, fees, student insurance, and housing rent. It does not include housing meals, computer user fees, parking, fines, health center charges, or outstanding prior term charges.
- Housing meal charges for Housing Resident Assistants with payment arrangements.
- Payment arrangements approved by Finance and Administration.