Students are blocked from pre-registration for future semesters until they have taken care of past due debts owed to the University. If a student has a warning on their account they are allowed to pre-register, but they receive a message to contact Finance and Administration concerning outstanding issues.
Blocked, not allowed to pre-register
"SORRY: You have a Finance and Administration block, Registration not allowed"
Generally, Finance and Administration blocks fall into one of the following categories:
- Accounts referred to a collection agency
- Prior academic year charges outstanding of $200 or more
- Past due charges for day care services of $200 or more
- Additional tuition or fees for the current semester are due/unpaid
- Pre-registered for the current semester, but not yet paid
- Current semester Fee Loans outstanding of $200 or more
- Federal Loan problems or issues (call 282-3898)
- Housing bills of $200 or more that are one month or more past due, except for Resident Assistants paying meals with payroll checks
- Pre-registration for the sole purpose of acquiring computer access
Warned, but allowed to pre-register
"Please contact Finance and Administration for outstanding issues, 282-3935"
Your account has a "Warning" placed on it because of past due amounts in excess of $200 or other pending issues or concerns.
In some situations a Finance and Administration warning flag may relate to other issues such as class level, advisor block, etc.
If you feel you have been blocked from pre-registration in error, please call 282-3935 or 282-2790.