A Perkins Loan is one of the Title IV Federal Financial Aid programs. This loan is awarded annually based on information supplied by you for the current year as you filed your FAFSA information. The Financial Aid Office approves the awards* based on need and timely submission of your FAFSA.
Once awarded, ISU Perkins Loans are serviced by ECSI, a web-based provider, located at www.ecsi.net.
Use the ECSI Web Site to
- Sign your Perkins Master Promissory Note (You will need your federal pin number)
- Complete the entrance interview
- Complete the exit interview
- Request deferments
- Complete loan cancellations
- View your account online
- Set up a payment plan upon exit from ISU
*Our office reserves the right, per federal regulations, to deny Perkins Loans to borrowers whose previous loans have been assigned to the U.S. Department of Education, paid through a collection agency, or have a documented history of delinquency at ISU.