Opt In to 1098-T Electronic Form
BengalWeb Access to 2014 Form 1098-T and Related Transactions
The 1098-T Form for 2014 will be available in January 2015. Students will have two options to receive the 1098-T information:
- Opt In to receive the Electronic 1098-T Form available on BengalWeb as soon as the transactions are reconciled and finalized. The transactions will be listed for students to identify the payments made during the calendar year. Students can opt to receive the form electronically in a secure environment. Students will be notified by email to their ISU email address when the form is available on BengalWeb.
- 1098-T Forms will be printed and mailed to those students who do not opt in to receive the form electronically. The printed forms include only the 1098-T summary information. They will not include detail transactions on the mailed form. Students can go to the 1098-T Form on BengalWeb to obtain the transaction listing.
We invite students to select the electronic option to receive Form 1098-T, enabling quicker access to the information, and access to the associated transaction listing that will be available on BengalWeb. You can review the information related to 2011, 2012, and 2013 1098-T Forms on BengalWeb to be familiar with the process.
- By consenting to receive your 1098-T electronically, you agree to return to BengalWeb between January 31 and October 15 of the appropriate year to print your 1098-T Form on-line. You may be required to print yhour 1098-T Form for documentation of qualified educational expenses you claim on your Federal or State income tax return.
- Consent will indicate that you can access the 1098-T Form electronically.
- Your consent will be valid for all subsequent tax years unless revoked by you, or this service is not supported in a future given tax year. You may revoke your consent and receive a paper Form 1098-T by providing written notification to the Student Financial Services Office.
- A paper copy of your Form 1098-T may be obtained by contacting the Student Financial Services Office. Updating of student contact information is the responsibility of the student by providing up-to-date information on-line in BengalWeb or to the Office of Registration and Records.
- You will be notified to your ISU email address when the 1098-T Form is available on BengalWeb.
- If you do not consent to electronic delivery of the Form 1098-T, a paper copy will be provided.
- You will be responsible for updating your address on-line in BengalWeb or at the Office of Registration and Records.
- Phone: (208) 282-3000 (option 6: 1098-T)
- Fax: (208) 282-4701
- 921 S 8th Ave Stop 8219, Pocatello, ID 83209-8219